Windows 10: Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10

Discus and support Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm unable to create an account on win 10's calendar. When I choose gmail or exchange accounts and enter my email, the dialog keeps repeating,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yahanna, Nov 30, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10

I'm unable to create an account on win 10's calendar. When I choose gmail or exchange accounts and enter my email, the dialog keeps repeating, "creating account". What do i do?

:)

yahanna, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Nov 30, 2018
  4. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

1. Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Create Calendar

2. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create account Windows 10: It is missing and I cant proceed. I need to create new account in the computer for my brother. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-account-windows-10/95581f37-34ba-4ca6-b0a8-6db88ea073d6
  5. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account Windows 10: It is missing and I cant proceed. I need to create new account in the computer for my brother. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-account-windows-10/95581f37-34ba-4ca6-b0a8-6db88ea073d6
  6. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  8. Account Unable to be created

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Unable to be created: Ok so im trying to make a backup account but i dont have the family thing and if i do windows r: netplwiz it wont show yes so i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unable-to-be-created/c4c7d09c-660f-4ffe-8a6a-d87cb8657cf1
  9. WIN 10 CALENDAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 CALENDAR: My WIN 10 Calendar App says "We weren’t able to show you some of the events in this time range. But they’re still there – they’re available via your account provider”. How do I get these?!...
  10. Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Create Calendar Account in Win 10: I'm unable to create an account on win 10's calendar. When I choose gmail or exchange accounts and enter my email, the dialog keeps repeating, "creating account". What do i do? 122631

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to create meeting on this account as it does not support calendars