Windows 10: Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

Discus and support Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I am retired and enjoying my life at home with my wife, she has not one complaint with me working on my home Projects for our home. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesLarimer, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

Since I am retired and enjoying my life at home with my wife, she has not one complaint with me working on my home Projects for our home. I haven't swayed away from enjoying being on this PC even here at home. I Love it!!!!

This output below is what I am talking about regarding this list. I cannot confirm this was created with a Command Prompt Dir command or with PowerShell. I have been trying to duplicate this in both Command Prompt and PowerShell without success. I used to be quite proficient with both methods however after a long period of time of illness Not related to COVID-19, I have seemed to not have this information stored away to recall it back.

I you are able to assist me with this, I will greatly appreciate having as many eyes taking a look at this issue with Batch Command Prompt and/or PowerShell

Thank you, Charles

List of Folders on this PC

Volume in drive C has no label.

Volume Serial Number is C82F-2793

Directory of c:\users\charles

Directory of c:\users\charles\.vscode

Directory of c:\users\charles\.vscode\extensions

Directory of c:\users\charles\3D Objects

Directory of c:\users\charles\AppData

Directory of c:\users\charles\AppData\Local

Once I was at the level of creating the above file, my next step is to include all the files within the folder. If you can provide this coding I would greatly appreciate this also.

:)

CharlesLarimer, Oct 18, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 18, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 18, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

In order for this to work, you need to access the folder of interest via the command line. To get there, type CD [path to folder], where "path to folder is the path to the folder you want to print. For example,
    CD c:\users\myfolder. Once there, you can run the DIR command to redirect the output to a text file as in your example.

JimWynne, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

1. Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command - Similar Threads - Unable create Command

2. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  3. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  4. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  5. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work: I am using W'10, Administrative Windows Power Shell, command line.When I do a "DIR" it works, but when I add parameters, I get this error message:-----------------PS C:\> dir /sdir : Cannot find path 'C:\s' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ dir /s+ ~~~~~~ +...
  6. Command-line shells, commands like dir /p not working but dir does work

7. regarding command prompt

regarding command prompt: hello sir/ma'amI am using windows 10 currently and the command prompt application isn't working when i search cmd in the search bar an empty/blank page like application shows up which is command prompt but it won't open even i try to run it as administratori searched a lot in...
  8. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  9. regarding command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    regarding command prompt: 2a03 : 2880 : f137 :182 :face : book0:25de when ever i am trying to ping any website it shows like ---> 2a03 : 2880 : f137 :182 :face : book0:25de <<<--- this instead of getting ip address plz help me regarding this ......
  10. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/