Windows 10: Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

Discus and support Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I am retired and enjoying my life at home with my wife, she has not one complaint with me working on my home Projects for our home. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesLarimer, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

Since I am retired and enjoying my life at home with my wife, she has not one complaint with me working on my home Projects for our home. I haven't swayed away from enjoying being on this PC even here at home. I Love it!!!!

This output below is what I am talking about regarding this list. I cannot confirm this was created with a Command Prompt Dir command or with PowerShell. I have been trying to duplicate this in both Command Prompt and PowerShell without success. I used to be quite proficient with both methods however after a long period of time of illness Not related to COVID-19, I have seemed to not have this information stored away to recall it back.

I you are able to assist me with this, I will greatly appreciate having as many eyes taking a look at this issue with Batch Command Prompt and/or PowerShell

Thank you, Charles

List of Folders on this PC

Volume in drive C has no label.

Volume Serial Number is C82F-2793

Directory of c:\users\charles

Directory of c:\users\charles\.vscode

Directory of c:\users\charles\.vscode\extensions

Directory of c:\users\charles\3D Objects

Directory of c:\users\charles\AppData

Directory of c:\users\charles\AppData\Local

Once I was at the level of creating the above file, my next step is to include all the files within the folder. If you can provide this coding I would greatly appreciate this also.

:)

CharlesLarimer, Oct 18, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 18, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 18, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

In order for this to work, you need to access the folder of interest via the command line. To get there, type CD [path to folder], where "path to folder is the path to the folder you want to print. For example,
    CD c:\users\myfolder. Once there, you can run the DIR command to redirect the output to a text file as in your example.

JimWynne, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command

1. Unable to create Command Prompt output like I have done before regarding the Dir command - Similar Threads - Unable create Command

2. regarding command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    regarding command prompt: 2a03 : 2880 : f137 :182 :face : book0:25de when ever i am trying to ping any website it shows like ---> 2a03 : 2880 : f137 :182 :face : book0:25de <<<--- this instead of getting ip address plz help me regarding this ......
  3. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/
  4. Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unicode like Bangla in Command Prompt: I want to print Unicode in Command prompt by Java. But I found no option to select Unicode in setting or anywhere. Is there a way to print Unicode in Command Prompt like Bangla language? N.B: Definitely by Command Prompt not other console application......
  5. Windows 10 DIR command output format changed

Windows 10 DIR command output format changed: Due to a recent change in windows 10 ... it seems several commands no longer recognize switches ... that is not an insurmountable problem ... BUT ... the output format of the DIR command changed the format of the output and as such ... all of my scripts that used the format...
  6. Unable to open command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open command prompt: Hi everyone, I have been unable to open command prompt for past week or so (not sure when exactly it started). I am using Windows 10 version 1909 (I have all Windows updates installed). I have read somewhere that the issue might be that the user file got corrupted and as a...
  7. "rename" command in Command Prompt

"rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  8. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  9. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240
  10. Command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt: Hi I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I hope, how do I get it back or wheres it gone. Thanks *Banghead*Banghead 82525