Windows 10: Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

Discus and support Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I'm running a custom built PC and my current D: drive used to have windows installed on it, but we moved the windows installation to my current C... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DunsparceMeta, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

Hello,I'm running a custom built PC and my current D: drive used to have windows installed on it, but we moved the windows installation to my current C drive on a re-install. Because of the previous installation, I can create folders on my D drive but cannot create or place files directly on the drive, which I would like to be able to do. I have already deleted any trace of the old windows installation, and I would just like file access again. The error I get when I try to create a file is"Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client."If anyone can help me with a solution t

:)

DunsparceMeta, Jun 16, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 16, 2021
  3. KTD007 Win User
    Unable to execute a file from D: drive

Hello Experts

I am facing an issue, and need your help to figure out what is going wrong.

On my Windows 2016 Server 64 bit, I am unable to execute any ".exe" file from the D: drive.

I am getting the following error while doing so (In this example, I am trying to install chrome, however I saved the ChomeSetup.exe file on my D: drive)

I am an Admin, and I have tried the following steps till now.

1) Verify that I am an Admin

2) Take ownership of the D: drive (by opening CMD as "Run as Administrator"

C:\Windows\system32>takeown /f D: /R

3) Provided full control to the D:ChromeSetup.exe file in the file's properties>security tab

4) Disabled the UAC

5) Tried executing D:\ChromeSetup.exe by right clicking and "Run As Administrator"

Unfortunately, even after carrying out above steps - I am still getting the error as per the snapshot. I have read all the posts by other users who were facing this error, and tried everything that was suggested by Microsoft MVP, and I am still getting the
    error.

Thanks

KD

KTD007, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive

1. Unable to create files directly on D:/ drive - Similar Threads - Unable create files

2. How to create d drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create d drive?: Hi!I have a laptop having C drive with a storage of 237GB out of which 87GB is used . I am expected to partition and store them at D drive . How can I create D drive and what are the files that I should send to D drive?...
  3. How to create d drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create d drive?: Hi!I have a laptop having C drive with a storage of 237GB out of which 87GB is used . I am expected to partition and store them at D drive . How can I create D drive and what are the files that I should send to D drive?...
  4. How to create d drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to creat D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to creat D drive: how to creat a drive other than C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-creat-d-drive/6fad036b-36d1-4413-ad6b-cebc1abed658
  6. how to creat D drive

how to creat D drive: how to creat a drive other than C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-creat-d-drive/6fad036b-36d1-4413-ad6b-cebc1abed658
  7. Unable to copy files out of my D Drive.

Unable to copy files out of my D Drive.: Copying files to any destination from the D drive brings up an error message which states that there is not enough space for the transfer. The external hard drive has plenty of space and the transfer should occur. For some reason, the external drive takes up the storage...
  8. Files being automatically created in my D: drive.

Files being automatically created in my D: drive.: The files shown below are being automatically created whenever i delete them. Some contain a "FILE File" which ranges between 0-400 bytes[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. DUMPb229.bcp file was created in my "D:" drive.

DUMPb229.bcp file was created in my "D:" drive.: Hi. A 857 MB File named "DUMPb229.bcp" was created in D: drive. I don't know about it. Is it OK to delete It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dumpb229bcp-file-was-created-in-my-d-drive/24d13c5a-a751-45ca-bd90-8329790e2abd
  10. Software installers are unable to install directly into D drive by automatic folder creation

Software installers are unable to install directly into D drive by automatic folder creation: Hi all, Like the title says, whenever I have an installer and they always default to a location in my C drive, but when I select D drive thinking that they can just use the 800gb of storage space, the CONTINUE button is always grayed out, unable to install. Unless I create...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why i can just new>folder on drive d?