Windows 10: Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]

Discus and support Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [ Win 10 Pro build 19037.1; Alienware Aurora R7, additional specs in bio ] Hi, IT desktop support user here. I know my way around the ins and outs of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lowprofile, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]

[ Win 10 Pro build 19037.1; Alienware Aurora R7, additional specs in bio ]

Hi, IT desktop support user here. I know my way around the ins and outs of most Windows issues.

I only updated to this Insider build yesterday, and this issue has persisted for a month or more I had just hoped it would be fixed by a later update. However, this issue remains for me, even in a new test user profile, and I cannot seem to find any others concerned about this problem online. Therefore, I thought I'd post here for some thoughts.

I am unable to drag and drop icons on the Start Menu onto each other to form folders. I can make Groups, no problems, and the system generated a folder of its own (MS Office), and my old folder groups still exist. DISM completes successfully, though it stops at 84.9% when it says this (can't find any info on this issue -- if it *is* an issue -- either). SFC finds no integrity violations.

Please chime in with any thoughts; I'd appreciate the discourse. Hopefully it's a setting I've forgotten or something I can fix easily in Powershell. Thanks, in advance everyone!

:)

lowprofile, Dec 8, 2019
  2. p060477 Win User

unable to create tray icon...

yes with win 10 home 64 bit vers 1607 anniv update do not work..you have to create a task in start menu...

pls read carefully TEMP is not the -temp- win's provvisory folder
    ..is a -permanent- folder created by me and means TEMPERATURE
    is an abbreviation of temperature..i called it TEMP
    i repeat is not win/temp..etcc..that at every restart is cleaned..
    is PERMANENT created BY ME...

..no useful replies now..??!!
    *Frown Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1] :(

p060477, Dec 8, 2019
  3. How can I create a new start menu group in Windows 10.

How can I create a new start menu group in Windows 10? I would like to make new groups to put sort apps into. Maybe a work around to not creating start menu folders.

Pinball_Dr, Dec 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]

How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

Hi,
    If you create a folder- call it, say '& My Favourites' - which should put it at the top of the list in the start menu- in
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    -and put whatever shortcuts you want in it, I would think you would get access to those easily.

1. Open explorer (Win key + E)
    2. Cut & paste C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu into the address bar
    3. Hit 'Return'
    4. rt click the pane and create a new folder.
    5. Rename it (e.g.) &Myfavourites
    (& makes sure it's at the top)
    6. Put whatever shortcuts you want into the folder.
    7. Close explorer.
    8. Open the Win 10 Start Menu and look for &Myfavourites

Someone else may have another suggestion for you. Good luck!

dalchina, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1]

1. Unable to create folder groups on Start Menu [win 10 pro bld 19037.1] - Similar Threads - Unable create folder

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  4. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  6. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  7. Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving

Win 10 Pro Start Menu not Saving: I have read and tried about everything on the net pertaining to this issue, all current updates and Ver. 1809. It only affects one of the 2 pc's I have. Could someone give me the correct fix for this issue. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bob...
  8. unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro: Hi all, I am facing a problem with my windows 10 pro version with latest update. the issue is that I am using network dongle as dialup network provider. may check it on taskbar. its connected with dialup network.(screenshot) I am unable to create hotspot from win 10 during...
  9. Create folders in the start menu?

Create folders in the start menu?: I have tried creating a folder in every known location to get an additional folder to show up in the start menu so I can throw some games and what not under it...does anyone have any idea how to do this? I've tried creating a folder named "Games" in the following:...
  10. create folders in start menu to organize

create folders in start menu to organize: In W7 I have created folders in the start menu so I can organize by topic. I can't figure out if/how to do that in W10. Any clues? 7446