Windows 10: unable to create folder on the desktop

Discus and support unable to create folder on the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with my Win 10 I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop first I get message that I need to confirm the action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lynhansen, Jun 19, 2016.

1. lynhansen Win User

unable to create folder on the desktop

Hi
    I have a problem with my Win 10
    I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop
    first I get message that I need to confirm the action

unable to create folder on the desktop [​IMG]

and when I click continue to that
    I get another pop up window that I need permission to perform this action

I have full administrator rights to my PC and I only have this user on it
    I can create a subfolder in an existing folder without any trouble - this is only happening when I try to create a folder on my desktop or copy an existing folder to my desktop

I hope you can help me??

:)

lynhansen, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Unable to create Desktop Shortcut, New Folder Windows 10 please help me to fix it,...

Hi,

This issue may have happened due software conflict or corrupted files.

Kindly run the File and Folder Troubleshooter that will automatically diagnose
    and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Kang T. Win User
    Unable to create Desktop Shortcut, New Folder Windows 10 please help me to fix it,...

Thank Ryan, I believe I've tried to follow the guidelines you gave me but unfortunately the problem can not be solved yet,

this is handling files and folders maybe handling shortcut and desktop also exist but i have not been able to find. if the link shown is correct there may be my mistake, this is the first time that I have this problem. For that once again thanks for your
    participation ...

Kang T., Jun 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Sorry you've had no reply.. depends if someone sees a post who has an idea of course.

Nothing precise though- hope you've solved it.
    Corrupted user profile? - does it happen if you create a new user?
    Were you able to use a system restore point (if you had that enabled and had useful restore points)?

This is not unique to Win 10 as you've probably found, there are occasional reports back to at least Vista.

You might be lucky if you try using Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool (free) and try repairing just appropriate permissions. But observe caution and make backups first.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2016
Thema:

1. unable to create folder on the desktop - Similar Threads - unable create folder

2. Unable to create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  3. Unable to Create New Folder

Unable to Create New Folder: Hello, I am not able to create a new folder in Windows 10. I have tried with basic regedit stuff but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. KINDLY HELP !...
  4. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  5. Unable to create a new folder

Unable to create a new folder: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file: Download Registry Script to Restore "New" Option in Windows Context Menu It'll ask...
  6. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Hi... I'm unable to create new folder or new file by any method such as right mouse click or new folder option in the ribbon and quick access toolbar. I can only do it by typing commands in cmd or pwsh. Also, new option doesn't show up by right clicking of mouse. Below is...
  7. Unable to create folder!!

Unable to create folder!!: Hey!!! In my registry editor, HKEY_CLASS_ROOT, Directory, Shellex, Context Menu Handlers, i lost all the folders beside the work folder and now i am unable to create new folder.Help!!!!!!...
  8. Unable to create shortcuts or new folders on Desktop, (system freezes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create shortcuts or new folders on Desktop, (system freezes): When I right click on the desktop the menu pops up. But when I click on a choice NEW> the PC freezes for about 10 seconds then the screen goes blue. After about 5 seconds my icons pop up on a white screen then the wallpaper slowly fades back in. Then one by one the icons on...
  9. How to create a folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a folder on the desktop: WIN10 is updated and now I can't create a folder on the desktop PLEASE HELP *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-on-the-desktop/a9a9c70e-6461-4265-b4fd-a912d8b41ac3
  10. Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error: A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the error. His desktop is full up of icons and now when right clicking and adding new folder he gets the message below. [ATTACH]...