Windows 10: UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I am using my Icloud account linked to Windows 10 so I can organise my emails better. I've tried creating folders, however the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThomasCallahan1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Hi Guys,

I am using my Icloud account linked to Windows 10 so I can organise my emails better.

I've tried creating folders, however the computer deletes the folder and says it cannot be created. I've got no idea why. I've tried shutting the computer down and reloading but this hasn't help. Also, I've tried updating it but this hasn't helped.

I hope someone can help

:)

ThomasCallahan1, Jun 19, 2019

2. Mail for windows 10 - will not create folders

Mail for Windows 10 offers the ability of creating your own folders and subfolders. I have followed the steps to do this however I keep getting an error message saying the folder could not be created. My software is up to date and I have tried the other
    troubleshooting suggestion offered (closing the app and opening it again) without success. Other ideas to fix this?

SusanaSenes, Jun 26, 2019
  3. UNABLE TO CREATE FOLDERS IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the step below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Verify the version of your Mail app. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Launch Mail app, click on the Gear
      icon.
    • Click on About.
    • Have you tried running the Windows app troubleshooter? This tool automatically diagnoses and repair
      common issues that may prevent Windows Store app from working properly.

Meanwhile, in rare cases, particularly if you've recently added a new email account to the program, you'll need to close Mail for Windows 10, wait approximately 30 seconds for the program to completely shut down, and then open the program again. Now, click
    on More, then right-click on the folder and you should have an option to create a new folder or subfolder.

UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail 98d7325c-db8d-4197-aae8-b1909f4be6e8.jpg

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to add folders in Windows 10 Mail application

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please refer the below mentioned methods and check of that helps.

Method 1:

Windows Mail application is a Store application. Hence, I suggest you to run the troubleshooting on the Microsoft store application and check if that makes any difference, please refer the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store and follow the steps provided
    in the article.

If the issue persists, please follow method 2.

Method 2:

As you are unable to add folder in Windows mail application, since you have already tired re-installing the application, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if that helps. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

1. UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - UNable create folders

2. Unable to create new folders in windows 11 mail as there is no + sign.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create new folders in windows 11 mail as there is no + sign.: Unable to create new folders in mail as there is no + sign in windows 11. Please help need to store mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folders-in-windows-11-mail-as/955a1d87-7b00-48bd-bd47-63268a008cfa
  3. Unable to create new folders in windows 11 mail as there is no + sign.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create new folders in windows 11 mail as there is no + sign.: Unable to create new folders in mail as there is no + sign in windows 11. Please help need to store mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folders-in-windows-11-mail-as/955a1d87-7b00-48bd-bd47-63268a008cfa
  4. Unable to create new folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create new folder in Windows 10: Hi Community,I am using windows 21H2 version and not able to create a new folder anywhere.Have tried few troubleshooting - SFC /scannow - No luckDisabled services from msconfig - still nothing.Checked write, modify, etc. permissions from...
  5. Unable to create new folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create new folder in Windows 10: Hi Community,I am using windows 21H2 version and not able to create a new folder anywhere.Have tried few troubleshooting - SFC /scannow - No luckDisabled services from msconfig - still nothing.Checked write, modify, etc. permissions from...
  6. Creating Folders in Windows Mail

Creating Folders in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly followed the instructions previously offered on this forum as to how folders can be created in Windows Mail App. However, no + sign appears next to 'All Folders' after I click my account then click 'More'. Why is there no + sign? Also, it seems that there...
  7. Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, For some reason i cannot create folders or sub-folders in Mail....... whenever I try I receive the following message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-folders-in-windows-10-mail/19b14330-3859-4808-af46-e0428fdd2be6
  8. Creating folders in Windows Mail

Creating folders in Windows Mail: I have searched for instructions to add folders to Windows Mail. All say to click on the + by All Folders. I have no +. I have checked for updates. Now I am at loss. Thank you....
  9. How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?

How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?: I am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. ***Modified title from: i am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. I need to be able to organise my email. ***...
  10. Unable to create folder!!

Unable to create folder!!: Hey!!! In my registry editor, HKEY_CLASS_ROOT, Directory, Shellex, Context Menu Handlers, i lost all the folders beside the work folder and now i am unable to create new folder.Help!!!!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to create folder on mail

2. unable to create window

3. troubleshooting for unable to create folder message in gmail

4. unable to create a directory to install the downloaded software,
  5. unable to create folders in windows 10 mail,
  6. new folder windows 10 email