Windows 10: Unable to create Hard disk partition

Discus and support Unable to create Hard disk partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I brought new laptop from store, genuine windows 10 already installed. when I tried to create new partition in C Drive by shrinking volume, window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rutik_cool, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Unable to create Hard disk partition

I brought new laptop from store, genuine windows 10 already installed. when I tried to create new partition in C Drive by shrinking volume, window appears says available volume for shrink is zero. Disk is of 2TB and only 5% is occupied. help me to fix this issue. how can I create new partition in drive C. Unable to create Hard disk partition 06d93d36-b43a-4914-bccf-a47a17839c4c?upload=true.png

:)

rutik_cool, Feb 13, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Unable to create Hard disk partition

hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create Hard disk partition

1. Unable to create Hard disk partition - Similar Threads - Unable create Hard

2. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Partition: is this fine if i part and keep hard disk in this way? or, do i need to merge the two parts of F? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/d3178c7a-6b68-4ed7-ba97-2e3ff2d5d69b
  3. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Partition: is this fine if i part and keep hard disk in this way? or, do i need to merge the two parts of F? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/d3178c7a-6b68-4ed7-ba97-2e3ff2d5d69b
  4. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  5. Hard Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Partition: I had made a partition before reinstalling windows 10 Pro. After installation I wanted to partition my C Drive Windows which I did, but I got 500 gb space without losing any space in C drive, how did that happen....
  6. Create and format hard disk partitions

Create and format hard disk partitions: I am attempting to set up a new SSD and I cannot open the "create and format hard disk partitions" program. every time I try, the cursor changes to loading for a second then nothing happens....
  7. Disk Partition Not Created

Disk Partition Not Created: I tried to create a new partition on the hard drive 1TB of HP 15-Da0032wm from the Disk Management settings but I do get an error message that the partition cannot be created because there is not enough space even though I still have more than 700GB of free space....
  8. Create and format hard disk partitions error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create and format hard disk partitions error: Hello, I am encountering a strange error when I try to open the disk management utility through the start menu. If I search for "disk .." to bring up the "Create and format hard disk partitions" search result and click on it, I get an error C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe...
  9. hard disk partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk partition: please someone tell me solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/908a861d-47ff-4723-aa69-f40e64023410"
  10. Hard Disk Partition Error

Hard Disk Partition Error: Hai, After Update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I can't Partition my C Drive, which is the only drive i have. I can the make shrinking but can't assign the allocated space to any other drive, when i try to make it, it gives the error message as follows, [ATTACH]After this ,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk create and format hard disk partitions...error

2. unable to create partition on external hard drive

3. unable to create a disk partition