Windows 10: Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

Discus and support Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gary Clark GW, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the pop-up window. When hitting next, it tells me that something went wrong. “ we weren’t able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a pin later.”What attempting to skip for now it just takes me back and asked me to login again. The device I am trying to set up as a CNC plasma cutter that requires a l

:)

Gary Clark GW, Aug 15, 2022

2. [Solved] Cannot skip create PIN when login and stuck in loop

At the last step of logging in using Microsoft account (there's no other options unfortunately) it will ask you to set up PIN. After clicking next it will show PIN cannot be created. The only two options are skip and retry. The skip button will send me back to initial password screen and back to the beginning of the loop.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with all these threads and there's no good solution for this:

Most of them met this bug on a new computer, but for me I have been normally using this laptop for ~4 years and this is the first time. I don't want to reset my computer as I'm suffering from semester final things and I want it to work ASAP.

I have tried to boot in safe mode and login, and it said that only administers can login in safe mode (of course I am! This is my personal laptop!), so there's no way to log into it.

I have also tried to create local admin users in safe mode and seems that the created accounts will be wiped out when I restart the system to try to login using the new temp user in normal mode. Deleting / changing permission of Nqc also not work.

Is resetting the system the only option left? I'm super unhappy about this as this will take so many time to reinstall all applications (and potential losses).

Is there any other method to solve this? Can we set the PIN preference online?

One possible cause is that I changed my Microsoft account password about one month ago. But this could not explain why my existing PIN was also wiped out.

Since the earliest report I have found, this severe bug has been there for at least 1.5 years and MSFT has still done nothing of it. The same issue happens to DWM.exe memory leakage, and I really feel bad about this.

noname_1108, Aug 15, 2022
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

1. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop - Similar Threads - Unable create Hello

2. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  3. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  4. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  6. Stuck in hello pin login loop

Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  7. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  8. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmeyer system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the pop-up window....
  9. Cannot skip create PIN when login and stuck in loop

Cannot skip create PIN when login and stuck in loop: At the last step of logging in using Microsoft account there's no other options unfortunately it will ask you to set up PIN. After clicking next it will show PIN cannot be created. The only two options are skip and retry. The skip button will send me back to initial password...
  10. Cannot skip create PIN when login and stuck in loop

Cannot skip create PIN when login and stuck in loop: At the last step of logging in using Microsoft account there's no other options unfortunately it will ask you to set up PIN. After clicking next it will show PIN cannot be created. The only two options are skip and retry. The skip button will send me back to initial password...