Windows 10: Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.

Discus and support Unable to create Homegroup on this computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thought I would pass on a solution that worked for me when I was about to give up and reinstal again, without any guarantee of success. I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellington, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ellington Win User

Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.

Thought I would pass on a solution that worked for me when I was about to give up and reinstal again, without any guarantee of success.
    I installed Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago on my second computer, leaving the main computer on Win7 until I tried it out. Had so many irritating problems with all sorts of things, including software and menu's not working, that I decided to roll back to Win7 However that option was not available anymore. I did a fresh install and loved Windows 10 except for being unable to join my homegroup. I searched and tried what I thought was every option on many support pages, but everything failed and I had the same errors again and again. Unable to start Peer networking and just about all the others I have seen on these pages. Could not find the file "idstore.sst", the folder was empty.
    Then I came across this link "Peer Name Resolution Protocol" Service Could not be Started and HomeGroup Is not Working - TechNet Forum Windows 7 Support Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

I followed the stages and suddenly had 3 entries where the idstore should be. I deleted all three and rebooted the computer.
    I then tried to create a homegroup. Worked no problem. Everything in the Services that should be running, was running.
    I left that home group, booted up the Win7 computer and was able to join my original homegroup without any problem.
    I know that different solutions work for different set ups, but having tried virtually everything else it was such a joy. I can't afford to pull anymore hair out.
    Hope this may work for others having the same problem.

:)

ellington, Sep 11, 2015

2. Cannot find and join homegroup after windows 10 upgrade

Changed the password on the Win7 computer where the homegroup was created. Still unable to connect to the homegroup on the Win10 computer

DonGoldenCo, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Hoagie09 Win User
    Homegroup unable to join

My computer has auto created a homegroup and I am unable to join it because I do not know the password it has created. I can not find the show password in the homegroup because I am unable to join the homegroup.

Ian

Hoagie09, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.

1. Unable to create Homegroup on this computer. - Similar Threads - Unable create Homegroup

2. Unable to add Windows 10 computer to existing homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add Windows 10 computer to existing homegroup: I have a new Windows 10 laptop that I'm trying to add to an existing home network. On the network is another Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 desktop. I have no issues networking between the two older computers but am finding it impossible to add the new computer. The new...
  3. About Homegroup Joining/creating Option

About Homegroup Joining/creating Option: hi ! I created homegroup from windows 7 , and wanted to join from windows 10 home , but I could not see any option of Homegroup to join or create in Windows 10 , but Pc in the Network was visible and opened too. But shared folder could not be opened. The shared Printer...
  4. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  5. Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network

Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network: I realize there are other threads on the topic of Homegroups but I did not want to hijack any. I upgraded two desktops (from win 7 and win 8.1) to Win 10. While I love it, I must say it did not go as smoothly as I anticipated (and I consider myself reasonably computer savvy)....
  6. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer: Hi, When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network." There are no other computers on the network and I do not have a password to join I have tried to delete:...
  7. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  8. Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup"

Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup": I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network I've tried enable ipv6 I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are "running" in the services section of the network and sharing center I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup settings were correct. I've...
  9. Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup

Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup: Hi there! I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10. Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network. After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one. All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup),...
  10. Create Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Create Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...