Windows 10: Unable to create incoming connection

Discus and support Unable to create incoming connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gabriel Martins da Rocha, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Unable to create incoming connection

I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check the system log after trying to create the incoming connection, there is an item saying "The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the file specified."Every time I try to create the incoming connection, this same error shows up, but when I manually start

:)

Gabriel Martins da Rocha, Nov 28, 2022
  2. tampsuli Win User

Cannot create new incoming connection

I'm missing the button "File" and everything else besides "Organise" from the tool bar, r-clicking doesn't give me an option for new connections either. Everything was working fine couple of days ago but today I was unable to connect to my VPN 'host' and
    started to diagnose the problem, deleted old incoming connection thingy and now I am unable to create new one Unable to create incoming connection :(

Tried some regedit things for Win 10 ENT from 2017, cant remember the link I found it from but it was official Microsoft rep I copied the reg edit thingys from. And yes I am logged in as Administrator.

I cba to install Windows again Unable to create incoming connection :(

Any suggestions where to "enable" these options again?

Unable to create incoming connection 530ac34e-05b1-430e-a942-f239abb3be52?upload=true.png

tampsuli, Nov 28, 2022
  3. tampsuli Win User

Heya Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My computer Im trying to get this fixed is an Intel NUC which is connected to internet with a cable, I dont use WiFi for this setup at all.

I'll try to walk through your suggestions and see if it helps, but I've done couple of them already (Restored to a week old build, removed windows updates and so forth)

Explaining my setup and error more will enlighten my situation probably better:

Modem, with internal hub capability, referred later as "M"

Computer 1, Intel NUC, connected to internet with a Cable to "M", referred later as "A"

Computer 2, my normal PC, connected to internet with a Cable to "M", referred later as "B"

A is working as VPN Host server and B is connected to internet through A with windows VPN connection

I lost the ability to accept incoming connections on A and now I am unable to create new incoming connection to A.

tampsuli, Nov 28, 2022
  4. w1se Win User

Unable to create incoming connection

Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error

Hi,

I've been trying to create an incoming connection and get an error I can't get around. I have 3 computers running:

Windows 10 Home
    Version: 20H2
    Build 19042.630 (updated yesterday).

Two of the computers have the error, and one did not. (I successfully created incoming connection on 3rd computer).

I checked service "Routing and Remote Access" and they are all set the same on all three computers.

The error occurs after selecting "Allow Access" in the setup wizard.

Note: you may have to press Alt to see the menu bar in the Network Connections window if you are trying to recreate this error.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Here are some screenshots:

Unable to create incoming connection [​IMG]

Thema:

Unable to create incoming connection

1. Unable to create incoming connection - Similar Threads - Unable create incoming

2. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  3. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  4. New Incoming Connection

New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  5. Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error

Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error: Hi, I've been trying to create an incoming connection and get an error I can't get around. I have 3 computers running: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630 (updated yesterday). Two of the computers have the error, and one did not. (I successfully created incoming...
  6. Block incoming connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  7. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  8. Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.: Hi, I'm having a tough time creating a new incoming connection on my Windows 10 pc. I'm trying to create a VPN so that my laptop can connect to a NAS drive on a LAN network, both in and out of the office. At the end of the 'Allow connections to this computer' wizard, it...
  9. Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message

Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message: Hi, I try to start a new incoming connection but when finished, and setting up the connection I get an error message saying something like: Incoming connection depend on the service Routing and Remote Access, and it could not be started. See the event log for more...
  10. How to setup Incoming Connection?

How to setup Incoming Connection?: I recently upgraded to Win10 and one thing I had in in my Win 7 setup was a VPN in to my pc from work. I was able to setup an Incoming Connection in the Networking section of the control panel and bring up the file menu for a new Incoming Connection but under Win 10 I tried...