Windows 10: Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.

Discus and support Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My cell phone number gets rejected when trying to set up the account. Same for landline number.Can't use my email because it is connected to a school.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris Troxler, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.

My cell phone number gets rejected when trying to set up the account. Same for landline number.Can't use my email because it is connected to a school. Don't use Skype.

:)

Chris Troxler, Feb 5, 2023

2. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.

Cannot create Microsoft Account.

Hi Ranjith,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you trying to create a new Microsoft Account but unable to?

2. Are you trying to convert/change the local account into a Microsoft Account?

3. If you are unable to create a Microsoft Account, can you provide the error message that you are receiving while creating the account?

If you are trying to convert/change your local account into a Microsoft Account, follow the steps below

How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Also refer to the article, Create a user account provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.

1. Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop. - Similar Threads - Unable create Microsoft

2. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  3. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  4. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  5. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  6. New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account: New lenovo laptop with win 11. After selecting keyboard and wifi options, selected option for new MS email address then successfully completed the new 'not a robot' secuity pictures test. No options to progress futher. No 'next' button on screen ?Try the same setup with...
  7. New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account

New laptop win 11 unable to create MS account: New lenovo laptop with win 11. After selecting keyboard and wifi options, selected option for new MS email address then successfully completed the new 'not a robot' secuity pictures test. No options to progress futher. No 'next' button on screen ?Try the same setup with...
  8. Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Microsoft account for new HP laptop.: My cell phone number gets rejected when trying to set up the account. Same for landline number.Can't use my email because it is connected to a school. Don't use Skype....
  9. New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account: I recently bought a new laptop and I'm trying to set up the local account to be linked to my Microsoft account. However, I am unable to sign into the computer using my Microsoft account. When it prompts me for my Windows account password for the second time, it says that "the...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808