Windows 10: 'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager

Discus and support 'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Product: HP Probook 4530sOS: Windows 10Whenever I try open Device Manager, or use the Run option, I get the following message:I also get the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by QualifiedTechnophobic, Jun 7, 2021.

1. 'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager

Product: HP Probook 4530sOS: Windows 10Whenever I try open Device Manager, or use the Run option, I get the following message:I also get the following message when trying to run or open any program as Administrator'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager :please help.

:)

QualifiedTechnophobic, Jun 7, 2021

2. Microsoft Management Console Unable to create new document

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Installed 1/13/2019 OS build 17763.253. Cannot open Device Manager by any means I have seen posted in the internet. I receive error message "Microsoft Management Console Unable to create new document". I had this problem on a similar PC and solved problem by doing something with three dll's and the problem went away. Unfortunately, I did not save the instructions I found on the internet. I have run the usual troubleshooting tools. I have on my desk an almost identical PC that does not have the problem. It is using OS build 17763.107. How to find the three dll's that need work or similar solution

Thank you very much

John

smoketoxdoc, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to open Device Manager.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error when trying to open Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

This error message appears when the user account or the system files are corrupted.

However, let us try a couple of troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Create new user account:

I would suggest you to try creating a new user account and check if you get the same error message. Refer the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If everything is working fine in new user account, you can transfer the data from the old user account to new user account. To do this, refer the section
    Copy files to the new user profile from the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows

However, if the same error message appears in new user account, we would need to perform an in place upgrade. An in place upgrade will repair the corrupted system files and will upgrade the computer to the latest version of Windows as well.

To perform an in place upgrade on the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide
    by
    PaulSey…

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager

1. 'Unable to create new document' message whenever I try to open Device Manager - Similar Threads - 'Unable create document'

2. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello, My speaker was not working properly so i wanted to open mmc but i couldn't open it because it said "Unable to create new document" I tried every way to to open it but it said the same message. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error...
  3. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello, My speaker was not working properly so i wanted to open mmc but i couldn't open it because it said "Unable to create new document" I tried every way to to open it but it said the same message. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error...
  4. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello,I am attempting to start 'Services' but could not. I get the message "Unable to create new document" and search the internet for an answer. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the...
  6. Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Management Console MMC - "Unable to create new document": Hello,I am attempting to start 'Services' but could not. I get the message "Unable to create new document" and search the internet for an answer. I've tried to use CMD admin sfc /scannow but it comes back with an error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the...
  7. A device attached to this system is not function properly & Unable to create new document.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device attached to this system is not function properly & Unable to create new document.: Hello,So, this problem has persisted for the last month. I didn't really notice an issue before I tried to download something and the .exe refused to open, giving me the error code: "A device attached to this system is not functioning properly." I looked up the solution...
  8. Unable to open Device Manager.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open Device Manager.: Dear Microsoft, I am experiencing the following issues. When I try to open Device Manager, I get this:[IMG] And when I tried to open cmd.exe and regedit, I got the following messages: [IMG][IMG]...
  9. Microsoft Management Console - unable to create new document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Management Console - unable to create new document: I've recently replaced my GPU, currently using a GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti. Problems began when I tried downloading programs from ADOBE CC and they would stall and fail at 5%. Right click START select DEVICE MANAGER and receive error message in subject. Tried all solutions from...
  10. Microsoft Management Console Unable to create new document

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Management Console Unable to create new document: Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Installed 1/13/2019 OS build 17763.253. Cannot open Device Manager by any means I have seen posted in the internet. I receive error message "Microsoft Management Console Unable to create new document". I had this problem on a similar PC and solved...