Windows 10: Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?

Discus and support Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I have been unable to create new desktop folders. It's probably connected to some action on my part, but I don't know what, and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarmaCharma11, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?

Recently I have been unable to create new desktop folders. It's probably connected to some action on my part, but I don't know what, and nothing unusual had happened, computer-wise. I have excellent multi-layered internet security with ongoing tracking, cookies, registry, etc., clean-up, and driver updates. I've tried some online solutions but no luck. I'm on the computer a lot, and this has become not only annoying but unhandy. So, I now turn to the Microsoft community for assistance. If there's anyone who can assist, please be advised I'm not particularly computer savvy. Any help is greatly

:)

KarmaCharma11, Jan 24, 2023

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Unable to create shortcuts or new folders on Desktop, (system freezes)

Attached snaps.
    Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate? 228351d1553427994t-unable-create-shortcuts-new-folders-desktop-system-freezes-build-1-.jpg

Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate? 228352d1553427969t-unable-create-shortcuts-new-folders-desktop-system-freezes-reliability.jpg

I tried the first suggestion, no response.
    I cannot create a new user because when I tried to update our new email address I did something wrong and was locked out for 30 days. Until April 1

smalltownfan, Jan 25, 2023
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?

1. Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate? - Similar Threads - Unable create folders

2. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to create a new folder on my desktop: I used to be able to right click on an empty space on the desktop and get the option to create a new folder. Now that option doesn't appear. I want to group several documents together under one name....
  3. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to create a new folder on my desktop: I used to be able to right click on an empty space on the desktop and get the option to create a new folder. Now that option doesn't appear. I want to group several documents together under one name....
  4. I want to create a new folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create new folders on my desktop...how do I reinstate?: Recently I have been unable to create new desktop folders. It's probably connected to some action on my part, but I don't know what, and nothing unusual had happened, computer-wise. I have excellent multi-layered internet security with ongoing tracking, cookies, registry,...
  6. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  7. Unable to Create New Folder

Unable to Create New Folder: Hello, I am not able to create a new folder in Windows 10. I have tried with basic regedit stuff but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. KINDLY HELP !...
  8. Unable to create a new folder

Unable to create a new folder: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file: Download Registry Script to Restore "New" Option in Windows Context Menu It'll ask...
  9. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Hi... I'm unable to create new folder or new file by any method such as right mouse click or new folder option in the ribbon and quick access toolbar. I can only do it by typing commands in cmd or pwsh. Also, new option doesn't show up by right clicking of mouse. Below is...
  10. unable to create folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create folder on the desktop: Hi I have a problem with my Win 10 I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop first I get message that I need to confirm the action [img] and when I click continue to that I get another pop up window that I need permission to perform this action [img]...