Windows 10: Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.

Discus and support Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaHesselman, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.

Whenever I go to make a new folder, for example, on my desktop or inside another folder, it says "This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again. It even says tis when I try to delete some things.

***Edited Original Title From: Verify file location***

:)

MelissaHesselman, Dec 28, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Mr Cheese Win User

Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.

Unable to change deleted created folders

I believe this problem started after running the Windows 10 update, 1709.

Since this update, I am finding I am not able to delete most folders I create.

If I create a folder, then create a file in it. And then repeat these steps within this new folder, I am then not able to delete this folder from its base.

When I right click and select to delete it, I get a message: You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder.

After I press Continue, it looks like to goes through the motions, but then prompts a Folder Access Denied dialog:

You need permission to perform this action.

You require permission from PCNAME\User to make the changes to the folder.

Try Again or Cancel buttons.

Now if I delete the subfolder first, it allows me. And then I can delete the base folder once I do that.

For a small set of files, this can be worked around, but when I have a complex tree of folders in this state, then not so easy.

To delete these, I restart my PC in Safe Mode, and I can delete the folder with no issue.

I am seeking to see if anyone can suggest what is going on here, as I am stumped at the moment.

Mr Cheese, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error.

1. Unable To Create Or Delete A Folder And Getting Error. - Similar Threads - Unable Create Delete

2. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  3. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  5. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  6. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  7. Unable to create folder!!

Unable to create folder!!: Hey!!! In my registry editor, HKEY_CLASS_ROOT, Directory, Shellex, Context Menu Handlers, i lost all the folders beside the work folder and now i am unable to create new folder.Help!!!!!!...
  8. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  9. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...
  10. Error ox80070091 - Unable to Delete Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Error ox80070091 - Unable to Delete Folder: Hi all, I have encountered a problem on my laptop there is a folder with this error and i dont know how to delete this? It is a folder on my dropbox, I have tried various methods such as unlocker software but still no luck please advise dan Error ox80070091...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need permission from pcname/user