Windows 10: Unable to create Rescue Media

Discus and support Unable to create Rescue Media in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm trying to migrate my OS to an SSD as a boot drive using Macrium Reflect. Before I touch anything I decided to create a rescue media on a formatted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TheJaiGitster, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Unable to create Rescue Media

I'm trying to migrate my OS to an SSD as a boot drive using Macrium Reflect. Before I touch anything I decided to create a rescue media on a formatted 8GB USB drive and a disk image on an external HDD I have in case things go wrong. Of course, on the very first and (seemingly) most easy step of doing all this, I end up getting an error message right away, as seen in the pictures below. I would also like to point out that I got this error after reinstalling Reflect. The first time around I actually got a different error which said "Failed to generate WinPE WIM: Could not copy files to WIM". I really don't know what to do. Please help

Unable to create Rescue Media [​IMG]

:)

TheJaiGitster, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Stevekir Win User

Virtual Disk Service error when creating WinPE Rescue Media

Thanks.

I have a suggestion. You advise restoring from a Macrium Image from within Macrium Rescue Media rather than from within Windows itself (that is, not with the normal desktop showing). It seems to me that would have to be be done without access to your tut (which is online). I have therefore printed it out on paper and filed it away. I suggest you might like to consider putting a note about that at the end of Part 5 of your tut.

It is really very helpful to have well illustrated step-by-step tuts like this. Thanks for all your efforts.

Stevekir, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Cliff S, Jun 26, 2019
  4. sam9 Win User

Unable to create Rescue Media

create macrium rescue media for win 7 32 bit from win 10 64 bit pc

I could not find the PE either in Downloads or Program files. My friend PC is same so this rescue media will work there. But if I have to again create the rescue media then I will have to again download the PE if I am unable to find the PE already downlaoded by me on this PC.

Thema:

Unable to create Rescue Media

1. Unable to create Rescue Media - Similar Threads - Unable create Rescue

2. Selecting a Device when using Macrium Reflect to Create Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selecting a Device when using Macrium Reflect to Create Rescue Media: I am attempting to back up my recently purchased Dell i3690, (which uses win365) using Macrium Reflect. I’m a total novice, and wish I could find a Macrium for dummies document. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect is an excellent choice, but Macrium has made changes and...
  3. W10 build 17763.475 macrium create rescue media fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 build 17763.475 macrium create rescue media fails: Hi there With W10 build 1809 and build 17763.475 I get an error when trying to create Macrium rescue media although from within Windows the macrium product works. [img] The only difference between this build and the previous release is that I have HYPER-V switched on --...
  4. All rescue media not recognized

All rescue media not recognized: Created a CD as well as a thumbdrive in Macrium Reflect free ver 7. Each time it says successfully created rescue media but I cannot get my system to recognize either. Have to use F12 to tell it where to boot to MR but all the screen ever tells me is 'No OS found' or similar....
  5. Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it?: Something got fouled up, my stuff went missing, dont know if Im in right spot now. Said to check if the rescue media works 115706
  6. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect: hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295
  7. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  8. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  9. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  10. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect: Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions. The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and...