Windows 10: Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.

Discus and support Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid Already tried steps so far:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sandeshgupta59, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.

Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid

Already tried steps so far:
    =========================================================================================

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.572
    Image Version: 10.0.19042.630
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\Windows\system32>findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails1.txt"

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

=====================================================================================

Still facing the same issue. Above steps didn't help.

Attaching some more info:
    Operating system: Microsoft windows 10 Home single language 64-bit 10.0.19042

Firmware: Release Date 20200911

Version FA506IV.311

:)

sandeshgupta59, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Ekes582 Win User

Windows 10 Help can't create new folder on desktop... getting "The supplied kernel information is invalid"

Help can't create new folder on desktop... getting "The supplied kernel information is invalid"

I have windows 10.... please if anyone can help me error looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/iy4puoI.png

Ekes582, Nov 20, 2020
  3. coderjoe Win User
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid

Today I boot into my Windows 10 x74 and a red box appears in the center of the screen with the sentence "The supplied kernel information version is invalid." Wtf? I googled that and did a recommended admin powershell command

Code:
    And no errors were found. I rebooted and get that same red box and invalid kernel information notification. Can anybody suggest what is going on? I have also had other issues recently booting, where is get a BSOD with stopcode errors such as a page fault, or irql not less or equal, etc.

I recently (about a month ago) upgraded my desktop pc to a Ryzen 7 cpu with a new Gigabyte AB350N Gaming Wifi motherboard and new RAM (two 16GB, 2400Mhz); that invalidated my Windows 10 license so I had to allow Microsoft remote access to re-validate my license; that was 2-3 weeks ago and only today did I get the red box with the invalid kernel version alert which is disturbing. My system currently has Windows 10 x64 on a 240GB SSD, an ssd internal data drive, an internal sata drive, and I have Linux Mint 18 on an M.2 drive.

UPDATE: So i did a ctrl+alt+del to bring up the Task Manager and I see the offending program causing the red box with the invalid kernel information version is an app called "Time Management Application". I clicked for details on that and see it is
    C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\GIGABYTE\Smart Time Lock
    and the app in that folder is AlarmClock.exe

I also noticed in my list of apps to Remove, when sorted by date, that on Jan 25 Microsoft installed "Mail and Calendar" app. Also on Jan 25, "SP Driver" from Mediatek was installed my me in order to access my Umidigi S2 Pro chinese smartphone (malware in that perhaps? i do run Malwarebytes Premium).

Could I safely remove (or safer yet, rename) AlarmClock.exe and see if that fixes the red box from hell issue?

coderjoe, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.

unable to creat the folder "New folder". The supplied kernel information version is invalid

Having problem to creat new folder ?

albertcheah, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.

1. Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid. - Similar Threads - Unable create folder

2. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  3. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  4. Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid: Hi, since today I realized a very big problem happened to my computer on windows 10: I cannot do anything in the windows explorer such as drag, copy/paste, delete, empty the bin, create files or folders, NOTHING. I got the error message displayed in the title of my post....
  5. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  6. Unable to Create New Folder

Unable to Create New Folder: Hello, I am not able to create a new folder in Windows 10. I have tried with basic regedit stuff but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. KINDLY HELP !...
  7. Unable to create a new folder

Unable to create a new folder: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file: Download Registry Script to Restore "New" Option in Windows Context Menu It'll ask...
  8. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Hi... I'm unable to create new folder or new file by any method such as right mouse click or new folder option in the ribbon and quick access toolbar. I can only do it by typing commands in cmd or pwsh. Also, new option doesn't show up by right clicking of mouse. Below is...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Today I boot into my Windows 10 x74 and a red box appears in the center of the screen with the sentence "The supplied kernel information version is invalid." Wtf? I googled that and did a recommended admin powershell command Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow...