Windows 10: Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid

Discus and support Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, since today I realized a very big problem happened to my computer on windows 10: I cannot do anything in the windows explorer such as drag,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Antoine0102938, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid

Hi,

since today I realized a very big problem happened to my computer on windows 10: I cannot do anything in the windows explorer such as drag, copy/paste, delete, empty the bin, create files or folders, NOTHING.

I got the error message displayed in the title of my post. My windows 10 home installation is fresh, only 1 month old. Everything is up to date, and furthermore, I only installed visual studio and one game since the installation of windows 10!

Seriously Microsoft? how can you be so terrible at managing your operating systems? I've literally changed nothing to the OS, the settings, folders or anything...

On top of that, I already have run the SFC scannow command as well as the DISM.exe commands scanhealth, restorehealth and restorecomponents, I have tried everything about creating another account, restarting in safe mode, playing with permissions, EVERYTHING....

When running all these tests, the operating system is telling me that NO errors whatsoever was found.... How is that possible? The microsoft defender program has already scanned the whole computer, no viruses detected and anyways there is no ways a virus could have got into my computer...

Any solutions?

Windows 10 is 64 bit.

:)

Antoine0102938, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Ekes582 Win User

Windows 10 Help can't create new folder on desktop... getting "The supplied kernel information is invalid"

Help can't create new folder on desktop... getting "The supplied kernel information is invalid"

I have windows 10.... please if anyone can help me error looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/iy4puoI.png

Ekes582, Dec 10, 2020
  3. coderjoe Win User
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid

Today I boot into my Windows 10 x74 and a red box appears in the center of the screen with the sentence "The supplied kernel information version is invalid." Wtf? I googled that and did a recommended admin powershell command

Code:
    And no errors were found. I rebooted and get that same red box and invalid kernel information notification. Can anybody suggest what is going on? I have also had other issues recently booting, where is get a BSOD with stopcode errors such as a page fault, or irql not less or equal, etc.

I recently (about a month ago) upgraded my desktop pc to a Ryzen 7 cpu with a new Gigabyte AB350N Gaming Wifi motherboard and new RAM (two 16GB, 2400Mhz); that invalidated my Windows 10 license so I had to allow Microsoft remote access to re-validate my license; that was 2-3 weeks ago and only today did I get the red box with the invalid kernel version alert which is disturbing. My system currently has Windows 10 x64 on a 240GB SSD, an ssd internal data drive, an internal sata drive, and I have Linux Mint 18 on an M.2 drive.

UPDATE: So i did a ctrl+alt+del to bring up the Task Manager and I see the offending program causing the red box with the invalid kernel information version is an app called "Time Management Application". I clicked for details on that and see it is
    C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\GIGABYTE\Smart Time Lock
    and the app in that folder is AlarmClock.exe

I also noticed in my list of apps to Remove, when sorted by date, that on Jan 25 Microsoft installed "Mail and Calendar" app. Also on Jan 25, "SP Driver" from Mediatek was installed my me in order to access my Umidigi S2 Pro chinese smartphone (malware in that perhaps? i do run Malwarebytes Premium).

Could I safely remove (or safer yet, rename) AlarmClock.exe and see if that fixes the red box from hell issue?

coderjoe, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid

supplied kernel information version is invalid

unable to create any files and folders after updating windows 10

any suggestion

Kodeeswaran Ravindran, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid

1. Unable to create the folder / The supplied kernel information is invalid - Similar Threads - Unable create folder

2. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  3. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Hi, I can't create a folder because apeare the box with the text below:"the supplied kernel information version is invalid". I mentioned that I recived a corrupt file and I instaled him. I maked all the update of the Windows and more of that I run in Command Promt with...
  4. Invalid configuration information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid configuration information: when I start my computer DELL/desktop every time this message appear on the screen : - Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program. - Time-of-day not set - please run SETUP program. press F1 key to continue press F2 to run setup utility press F5 to to...
  5. Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid.: Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The supplied kernel information version is invalid Already tried steps so far: ========================================================================================= C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  6. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  7. Unable to Delete invalid folder

Unable to Delete invalid folder: Unable to delete a folder. [ATTACH] I have.. Attempted.... Delete the parent folder Change ownership of parent folder and pass to children rmdir folder del folder rmdir folder using volume path del folder using volume path del folder in "safe...
  8. Unable to create folder!!

Unable to create folder!!: Hey!!! In my registry editor, HKEY_CLASS_ROOT, Directory, Shellex, Context Menu Handlers, i lost all the folders beside the work folder and now i am unable to create new folder.Help!!!!!!...
  9. Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name: Unable to delete a folder on an external USB HDD. Tried with take ownership. Tried Takedown, and some options on Owner of Files and Folders - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I booted from USB (WinPE/Paragon) and accessed command prompt from there. Deleting the...
  10. The supplied kernel information version is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    The supplied kernel information version is invalid: Today I boot into my Windows 10 x74 and a red box appears in the center of the screen with the sentence "The supplied kernel information version is invalid." Wtf? I googled that and did a recommended admin powershell command Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow...