Windows 10: Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Discus and support Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andypomf, Apr 9, 2020.

1. andypomf Win User

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please.

:)

andypomf, Apr 9, 2020

2. Creating a Recovery Drive on USB flash Drive

I want to create a Recovery Drive on a USB Flash Drive. When I click on Recovery Media Creation, and then go to the next step, I get the message:

We cant create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC cant start, use your Windows Installation disc or media

Unquote

I don't have a Windows Installation disc, since I got a free upgrade to Windows 10. What should I do?

J. V. Adavi

J. V.Adavi, Apr 9, 2020
  3. creating a recovery flash drive

I have lost my windows 10 recovery flash drive and I am unable to create this recovery drive again because I have deleted the recovery from my system while I was creating the recovery flash drive. Now can I create this recovery drive again or not. If
    yes please tell me how can I create the recovery drive again?

PardeepKmr, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Mer2018 Win User

create recovery drive

The Recovery Drive dialogue box does step 1 OK, but then doesn't offer me the option of selecting the usb drive 16 Gb which is inserted. It says Please wait, and after 5 min., "Unable to create recovery drive." Click Finish.

I am trying to create a recovery drive in usb drive.

Mer2018, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive - Similar Threads - Unable create USB

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  5. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  6. Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11

Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11: If "Back up system files to the Recovery drive" is checked the Recovery app will not see the USB flash drive. It will say "The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB and everything on the drive will be deleted." and the "Next" button is greyed out. If "Back up system...
  7. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive: I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery drive. The progress indicator green is half way through. What's the deal??? Can't you make a better product! Please advise on...
  8. Recovery Flash Drive USB

Recovery Flash Drive USB: I am using a 128 GB flash drive as my Windows 10 recovery drive. It contains 2 folders EFI and sources and an XML document reagent. There are 26.2 GB free on the drive. Is it OK for me to create a folder named "Other Files" so I can use the free space on the flash drive for...
  9. Unable to create VAIO recovery on USB Pen drive

Unable to create VAIO recovery on USB Pen drive: Unable to create VAIO recovery in my Sony Laptop. When I click "Create Recovery Media" I see no action / processing happening. It was working fine when I had the Windows 8. I am currently on Windows 10. Can you suggest resolution...
  10. Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create both a USB Recovery drive & a bootable flash drive overkill?: Is it overkill to create both a USB Recovery drive and a bootable flash drive to install Win10? HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 320 GB HDD. 4/8 GB RAM I recently revitalized my friends HP 2000 laptop. Win10 Home (x64). 1.60 GHz AMD E-350. 4 GB RAM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create a recovery drive windows 10

2. create a usb recovery drive windows 10 cd