Windows 10: Unable to create ZIP files anymore

Discus and support Unable to create ZIP files anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I suddenly am unable to create a ZIP file using either right click or the Share ribbon. Nothing happens with either method once I click to create a ZIP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KimKLS, Oct 24, 2019.

1. KimKLS Win User

Unable to create ZIP files anymore

I suddenly am unable to create a ZIP file using either right click or the Share ribbon. Nothing happens with either method once I click to create a ZIP file. Any ideas on what is going on or how to correct the problem?

:)

KimKLS, Oct 24, 2019

2. I cannot create a zip file.

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue regarding on creating zip file. What are the steps you're doing when creating a zip file?

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Unable to register 7zip to open zip files

You did try re-adding it to context menu after the reboot/ reinstall as per this post? It doesn't show up otherwise.

Unable to register 7zip to open zip files - Windows 10 Forums

Callender, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to create ZIP files anymore - Similar Threads - Unable create ZIP

2. Unable to open a zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open a zip file: I have exported a notebook from chrome extension videonotebook in zip format and I am trying to unzip it but it is showing folder empty and when I am extracting files it shows error. But I tried opening it third party app it got opened. What could be the problem?...
  3. Unable to open a zip file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open a zip file: I have exported a notebook from chrome extension videonotebook in zip format and I am trying to unzip it but it is showing folder empty and when I am extracting files it shows error. But I tried opening it third party app it got opened. What could be the problem?...
  4. I cannot create a Zip file.

I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  5. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  6. unable to open zip files

unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  7. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Create ZIP file in another location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create ZIP file in another location: I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity [link]...
  9. Unable to delete system report file .zip created with Acronis 2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete system report file .zip created with Acronis 2019: I have been asked on how to be able to delete a system report .zip file that has been created with Acronis 2019 which when trying to delete it, it says “you do not have permission” although there is only one user account. Help will be most appreciated. 134270
  10. Unable to open .zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"