Windows 10: Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied

Discus and support Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a external HD where I created a Temp folder and I then copied files I had created previously into that folder. It turned out the files I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Mar 25, 2020.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied

I have a external HD where I created a Temp folder and I then copied files I had created previously into that folder. It turned out the files I had put in the Temp folder were duplicates but it would not allow me to delete them saying I needed permission from a user defined by a long string of numbers. I looked at the details of the files and they show they were created by me. I am signed in as the Administrator, there is only one user account my admin acct and no one else uses the computers.

How come I am unable to delete or move these files I previously created? BTW, I opened one of the files and it is Read Only but there are no other or open copies of it.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

l_turn9, Mar 25, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied

Can not cut or copy and paste multiple files

In windows 10 I can not cut or copy and paste multiple files from one location to another like I use to be able to in Windows 8. It seems to copy/cut one of the files but then stalls and never moves the other files that are selected. Any suggestions? Thanks!

aaaabbbb69, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied

1. Unable to Cut or Delete Files I previously created and Copied - Similar Threads - Unable Cut Delete

2. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  3. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  4. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  6. errors when copying/cutting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errors when copying/cutting files: Hello Experts - I have Win10 Home 64b, 21H1 -19043.1466 - Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 on a Acer E5-575 Laptop. When I try to back up large blocks of data using copy, I sometimes get errors during the transfer process. But I need a way to go back & try to fix the...
  7. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  8. Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file

Cannot delete, copy, cut and rename a PDF file: Hello Team, I downloaded a PDF file from the Flipkart website in which comparing of laptops consist. After opening that file, I tried to delete that file but I couldn't perform any operation on that file. I used Microsoft File and Folder trouble-shooter to detect any...
  9. Short Cut to copy a file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Cut to copy a file: How do you set up a short cute to copy a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cut-to-copy-a-file/e3390a52-e252-434a-baea-b0b753fba93c
  10. Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.

Can't create, rename, copy , cut and delete when I updated to 1903.: I updated my Windows 10 yesterday from version 1803 to 1903. I was notified that the support for my version will end soon, but the auto update didn't wanted to update it to the latest version, so I had to do it manually... I Downloaded, installed the updated, restarted and it...