Windows 10: Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

Discus and support Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, the attached screenshot should explain what's happening. Essentially, I made a backup of my folders last year, and the only folder that won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostindigital, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

Hi, the attached screenshot should explain what's happening. Essentially, I made a backup of my folders last year, and the only folder that won't delete from that backup is a Google Drive folder. I don't have Google Drive installed on my PC anymore and I tried deleting it in Safe mode which didn't work either. It's telling me I don't have administrator permission to access the folder. Just wondering if someone has a solution. I'm currently moving all my folders to another drive to reformat this current drive. Thanks all.

Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder [​IMG]

:)

lostindigital, Jul 24, 2019
  2. xazraelx Win User

Software to monitor a folder, backup, then delete?

Is there such a software that will allow the monitoring of a folder to not only backup, but also delete the data? For example, if I was to have a netbook, and it has the built-in card adapter for my camera, I can just copy all the files over to the netbook in a specific folder (ie, ::Temp Pictures), then the next time it connects to the internet/network it will search the folder for any new files, copy them over to my main PC, then delete the Temp Pictures data?

I've been looking into doing this, googling and whatnot, and it seems like there are a LOT of options for monitoring folders for updates, new data, copying, etc, but I haven't quite found one that allows you to delete after copying.

Thanks! *Smile Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder :)

xazraelx, Jul 24, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

1. Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder - Similar Threads - Unable Delete Backup

2. Can't delete Google Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Google Folder: I want to delete this Google folder. I have uninstalled Google Chrome and all other Google folders but this one. I need to reinstall Chrome as its a not working properly and the setting wont restore to default even when i choose to . how do i delete this. I have administrator...
  3. Can't delete Google Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Google Folder: I want to delete this Google folder. I have uninstalled Google Chrome and all other Google folders but this one. I need to reinstall Chrome as its a not working properly and the setting wont restore to default even when i choose to . how do i delete this. I have administrator...
  4. Google Drive delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive delete: How do I delete the unasked for and unwanted Google Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-delete/93ec3044-5575-4cc3-9e6e-997bdba2bc45
  5. Google Drive delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive delete: How do I delete the unasked for and unwanted Google Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-delete/93ec3044-5575-4cc3-9e6e-997bdba2bc45
  6. Google Drive delete

7. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  8. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  9. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

10. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync: Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot. I tried many methods (registry cleanup,...