Windows 10: Unable to Delete a file in program files

Discus and support Unable to Delete a file in program files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Unable to Delete applemobiledeviceprocess file in program files. Previously I'd delete exe of any unwanted exe that runs for no reason, but now it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Takeshi18, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Takeshi18 Win User

Unable to Delete a file in program files

Unable to Delete applemobiledeviceprocess file in program files. Previously I'd delete exe of any unwanted exe that runs for no reason, but now it says requires permission from system, unable to change them. File is a pest by iTunes, I neither own or plan to any apple devices, so it's redundant.

:)

Takeshi18, Jun 30, 2019
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jun 30, 2019
  4. xman2007 Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Delete a file in program files - Similar Threads - Unable Delete file

2. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a file: Hi, my name is Aakash. I have a file that has a long name just filled with random characters. I am not able to delete that file. I am not sure why. I believe it is because of the name as it is to long and the system can't properly load it or something. Please help me as it is...
  3. DEleted files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEleted files and programs: OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY...
  4. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a file: There appears to be a corrupt .mp4 file on one of my hard drives that will not allow me to delete it. I get no error message or pop up when I try to delete it. It just doesn't' delete. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  5. unable to delete D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps

unable to delete D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps: I'm unable to delete - D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps folder which is empty. windows don't allow me to delete it. I have tried to change permission but that also not done. I have also tried to delete by starting pc in safe mode. Please let me know how to delete it....
  6. Unable to delete file

Unable to delete file: Hello, Today I allowed a tech support person from Google access to my computer, and he added a file to my download folder. I tried to delete it, but keeps telling me that I need permission from the admin. But I AM the admin of my computer. I've attached a capture of the...
  7. UNABLE TO DELETE FILES

UNABLE TO DELETE FILES: I have been attempting to clean out the "junk" and useless files accumulated over the years. One file that I have named "Downloads" contains nothing but archaic items (i.e., 2011-2013), but I cannot delete any of the items within that file. I am running Windows 10. Any...
  8. unabled to delete file

unabled to delete file: im unable to delete this file . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unabled-to-delete-file/0d741951-eac5-4c4b-954d-0fc73b7f6949"
  9. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  10. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...