Windows 10: Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions?

Discus and support Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot delete an item "Folder2 "from my desktop having tried numerous methods e.g going into DOS etc. Any help?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RanjitSingh1, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions?

I cannot delete an item "Folder2 "from my desktop having tried numerous methods e.g going into DOS etc. Any help?

:)

RanjitSingh1, Mar 27, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 27, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Dan22 Win User

Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions?

Error ox80070091 - Unable to Delete Folder

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem on my laptop there is a folder with this error and i dont know how to delete this?

It is a folder on my dropbox,

I have tried various methods such as unlocker software but still no luck

please advise

dan

Error ox80070091 - Unable to Delete Folder

Dan22, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions?

1. Unable to delete a folder from Desktop having tried various methods.Any suggestions? - Similar Threads - Unable delete folder

2. Folder options is not opening even after trying various methods in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder options is not opening even after trying various methods in windows 11: I tried opening folder options by usual way from the menu, No Response looks like it didn't even received the command, I Tried Ending Explorer.exe and restarting, but it shows Resource loader cache doesnt have loaded MUI entry. Tried SFC Scan in command prompt it shows...
  3. Folder options is not opening even after trying various methods in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder options is not opening even after trying various methods in windows 11: I tried opening folder options by usual way from the menu, No Response looks like it didn't even received the command, I Tried Ending Explorer.exe and restarting, but it shows Resource loader cache doesnt have loaded MUI entry. Tried SFC Scan in command prompt it shows...
  4. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  5. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  6. Can't delete a desktop file with any methods suggested online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a desktop file with any methods suggested online.: I downloaded a .webp image to my desktop to manipulate in an older version of Photoshop. That particular PS version doesn't recognize the webp format so I tried deleting the file. To my consternation I can't delete the file. I can move the file around my desktop with no...
  7. Can't delete a desktop file with any methods suggested online.

Can't delete a desktop file with any methods suggested online.: I downloaded a .webp image to my desktop to manipulate in an older version of Photoshop. That particular PS version doesn't recognize the webp format so I tried deleting the file. To my consternation I can't delete the file. I can move the file around my desktop with no...
  8. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  9. Unable to delete a folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder on my desktop: I have this folder on my desktop and I want to delete thatbut when I delete that I'm getting this error message why is this happening and what am I suppose to do?...
  10. Unable to delete folder on desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder on desktop.: Okay so I was being really stupid and looking in the permissions of a folder I had on my desktop in the security tab. But I accidently disabled the READ access permission on ADMINISTRATORS so I cant delete the file nor can I even see whats inside it. Please help I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete cpime