Windows 10: Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

Discus and support Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I daily sync my one drive. My desktop also synces with it. I am a Minecraft texture pack creator. I created an assets file to make a texture pack on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheEpikBoi, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

I daily sync my one drive. My desktop also synces with it. I am a Minecraft texture pack creator. I created an assets file to make a texture pack on my desktop. When I wanted to delete it, I couldn't. It says I need permission from ASUS/ASUS to make changes to this file. Then I can to know that I completely don't have access to the entity folder somewhere inside it. I DON,T HAVE ANY PERMISSIONS TO IT. Imma send some screenshots too. pls help. Even the one drive sync is paused.

:)

TheEpikBoi, Apr 28, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 28, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2021
  4. mystvearn Win User

Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync online?

Previously I synced the locations so from "C:\user\username" to other places on the PC. Previously, I use syncback to syncfolders to Onedrive and other HD's. However, this step is just redundant. When you sync onedrive to the PC, you still need to specify a place on the PC. So from "C:\user\username\ onedrive". Technically, Onedrive still uses a physical place on the PC to store files.
    So what I did is that I specify which part of the onedrive to replace "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Downloads" folder in the quick access. I am having a problem specifying or replacing the Desktop folder. Is it possible to change my native desktop to display directly the desktop on the onedrive online? The only problem I see is application shortcuts. You cannot specify a shortcut to appear on the onedrive folder. Aside from that, I get full autosave function of MS files which is connected to Onedrive. If it is not possible to replace the desktop file, I will still use the same solution with syncback.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mystvearn, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

1. Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive. - Similar Threads - Unable delete folder

2. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  3. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  5. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  6. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to delete a folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder on my desktop: I have this folder on my desktop and I want to delete thatbut when I delete that I'm getting this error message why is this happening and what am I suppose to do?...
  8. OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder: I have an annoying sync error problem with OneDrive with files on my desktop that just started happening lately on one of my computers. I use OneDrive to sync certain folders and files across my computers. I do this for certain folders containing Applications that I write and...
  9. Unable to sync my onedrive folder

Unable to sync my onedrive folder: My Onedrive folder seems to have stopped syncing. I tried to unlink my account and link it back again after searching on the internet, but it seems to always be linked. ie i cant unlink my account. However, when I click on the onedrive icon on the taskbar, it asks me to...
  10. Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.

Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.: I was over my limit on OneDrive so I deleted folders that were pending to sync from OneDrive on the cloud. But these same folders were also deleted from my PC. I restored those folders from the cloud recycle bin but it did not restore the files that were pending to sync or...