Windows 10: Unable to delete a folder

Discus and support Unable to delete a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Billy LeeHarman, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Unable to delete a folder

I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but not on my computer, and I can delete it on the cloud but not on my computer. And, if I delete it from the cloud, it reappears in a minute with no contents. But it’s part of my website but doesn’t FTP with it.

:)

Billy LeeHarman, Jan 13, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete a folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete a folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2019
  4. tfwul Win User

Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Unable to delete a folder on an external USB HDD. Tried with take ownership.
    Tried Takedown, and some options on
    Owner of Files and Folders - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I booted from USB (WinPE/Paragon) and accessed command prompt from there.
    Deleting the folder: invalid folder name.

Have no idea how to solve it.
    I can rename the folder, but not move it.

Any suggestions?

As far as I can see I am the owner/administrator and having full control on the folder...?

=
    W10 Unable to delete folder-invalid folder name.pdf

Have combined all screenshots into 1 PDF - else the post would be way too big.
    never uploaded a PDF before.
    =

tfwul, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete a folder

1. Unable to delete a folder - Similar Threads - Unable delete folder

2. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  3. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  5. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  6. folder unable to delete

folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  7. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  8. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: Windows 10 I have a folder on my desktop which I am unable to delete. The error message says: “Item not find” even though the path finds it on the desktop. Please help me delete this folder. Thanks, JharpJ...
  10. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...