Windows 10: Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

Discus and support Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"unable to delete file or folder open in another program " or "shared in Network" SAFE MODE'or DOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RanjitSingh1, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"unable to delete file or folder open in another program " or "shared in Network" SAFE MODE'or DOS ineffective.Advice?. There is a contained file also undeleteable.

:)

RanjitSingh1, Nov 15, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop" :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop" :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 15, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

1. Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop" - Similar Threads - Unable delete specific

2. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  3. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete folders on my desktop: Hi -I have 3 folders on my desktop and I have been unable to delete them. They were sync'ed to cloud. I deleted the folders in the cloud. But I have been unable to delete them in my local. I went through discussions and forum and tried below options. But none of them help.1....
  4. Unable to delete folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  6. Unable to delete a folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder on my desktop: I have this folder on my desktop and I want to delete thatbut when I delete that I'm getting this error message why is this happening and what am I suppose to do?...
  7. Unable to delete folder on desktop.

Unable to delete folder on desktop.: Okay so I was being really stupid and looking in the permissions of a folder I had on my desktop in the security tab. But I accidently disabled the READ access permission on ADMINISTRATORS so I cant delete the file nor can I even see whats inside it. Please help I have tried...
  8. desktop folder deleted due to win update..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop folder deleted due to win update..: Hello. I've got an older computer, and every so often, it does an automatic update, which no longer has the option to turn off. My pc cannot handle the update, so it freezes, I have to reset it, and it restores to the previous version for the next month and a half. So this...
  9. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  10. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...