Windows 10: Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

Discus and support Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Curious thing... When deleting a X:\subfolder I am getting a recyle bin error:"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tfwul, Sep 4, 2017.

1. tfwul Win User

Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

Curious thing...

When deleting a X:\subfolder I am getting a recyle bin error:"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin."
    The longest path in all the sub-subfolders is 247.
    When I select that file (longest path), deleting is no problem.When I select all sub-subfolders deleting is no poblems/errors.
    Then go up 1 level and delete the empty X:\subfolder.
    Basically the same has been accomplished then.Out of curiosity: anyone out there who knows why I got this error in the first place?

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Sep 4, 2017

2. folder management

The suggestion to use "cut and paste" did not work for me, but when I minimized the subfolder and created a new window, (using the up button in this new window) I was able to drag and drop the subfolder into the parent folder. Then with the subfolder now
    empty, I deleted the subfolder

SteveMeyerdvm, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Hotmail email messages on phone not being deleted when deleted in Outlook on a computer

I have the same problem. I just updated to the March update, hoping that would help, but it did not. Email messages that have been deleted, still appear. I do have a subfolder. Some of the messages in my root folder have been moved to a subfolder.
    I try to sync that subfolder, but no messages get synced. Other messages have been deleted but still appear in the root folder. These messages are not in the deleted folder. They have been permanently deleted.

KevinGriffie, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders

1. Unable to delete a subfolder, no problem with its subfolders - Similar Threads - Unable delete subfolder

2. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  3. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  4. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  5. subfolder creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    subfolder creation: I am unable to create new subfolders. Right-clicking in a directory doesn't work. Ctrl-Shift-N doesn't work. Creating a new folder from File Explorer doesn't work. There is no response to any of them....
  6. Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders

Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders: Hello, I have a directory in the File Explorer set up like: C:\Users\asmith\OneDrive\Employees\ In this folder Employees are 200 subfolders labeled by name. In each of those 200 subfolders there are another 6 subfolders: Payments Reports 2021 Indirect Payments...
  7. Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 - Inbox - subfolder problem: Windows 10 20H2 19042.662 (totally up to date) Outlook 2019 Version 2011 Build 13426.20308 (totally up to date) Inbox subfolder problem I created a subfolder under Inbox called NTS, to no objection from the system. It is moderately populated - as relevant emails arrive I drag...
  8. WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps\Deleted and other subfolders: Hello, listing the content of %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps, I see a bunch of folders which appear to have a special function. Namely: - Deleted - DeletedAllUserPackages - MovedPackages - Mutable - MutableBackup Does anybody have an idea of their purpose? Sure, I'm not going to...
  9. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive subfolders: I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?...
  10. Can't Delete Windows.old folder or subfolders.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Delete Windows.old folder or subfolders.: After doing an In-place Reinstall of WIndows 10 X64 to fix update problems. I ran the Clean Windows Files Program to Delete all 'Old' Windows Folders & files. All seemed to go well until I looked at C:\ dribve and see that Windows.old still exists. I've tried everything to...