Windows 10: Unable to delete a theme in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to delete a theme in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have searched help in google and I found some steps to delete the theme but I can't delete it in windows 10, I followed the steps through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thaer Dabbagh, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Unable to delete a theme in windows 10

Hello

I have searched help in google and I found some steps to delete the theme but I can't delete it in windows 10, I followed the steps through control panel then click on appearance and personalization on the left it doesn't show appearance on right as it should like the search result ?!

also when I do right click on the theme it shows delete over it but Inactive !?

one more thing, when I go through settings - themes, there is no theme settings ?!

please tell me why since I have administrator account ?

Thanks in advance

:)

Thaer Dabbagh, Apr 1, 2020

2. windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 1, 2020
  3. mlg63 Win User
    I can't delete a theme on Windows 10.

One step is left out--Settings>Personalization> click on Themes in the left column>then right click on the one in your list of installed themes to delete. It will be in your recycle bin if you change your mind. Themes are not installed
    on your computer until you select and install them in Get more themes in the MS Store.

mlg63, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Unable to delete a theme in windows 10

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to delete a theme in windows 10

1. Unable to delete a theme in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable delete theme

2. Theme deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Theme deletion: Using Windows 10 Pro v20H2. I've deleted most of the themes (AeroLite, theme1, theme2, hc1, hc2, hcblack & hcwhite) along w/their associated files w/o any side-effects. But I'd like to know if there will be a negative side-effects when I delete the Aero theme & all its...
  3. DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES

DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES: How do I delete background themes I downloaded and no longer want so I can get new ones? Charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-background-themes/53e71f79-3b20-4a03-8d72-44ad334248e2
  4. Unable to Delete Saved Themes

Unable to Delete Saved Themes: I know how to add and change themes, But how do I DELETE themes I no longer want saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-saved-themes/c1f7fed6-842f-4ca9-b10a-9bd252526da2
  5. Can't Delete Theme in Windows 10

Can't Delete Theme in Windows 10: Hello, I have windows 10 pro and I installed a theme but when I felt it was boring I tried to delete it it is saying it is open in another program. I went to personalize -> Themes section -> Applied another theme -> Right click on the theme I want to delete -> then it showed...
  6. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  7. delete desktop themes?

delete desktop themes?: Anyone know how to delete themes and pictures from windows 10 desktop? I've spent many hours trying everything and nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-desktop-themes/c8349aef-477d-4e28-b131-8ebbf843bf0f
  8. I can't delete a theme on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't delete a theme on Windows 10.: How do I delete an installed theme on Windows 10. I tried by right clicking and selecting delete, but that does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-theme-on-windows-10/74fb6432-9472-4230-8f80-4eadf7fd0acc
  9. How to delete Windows 10 default themes

How to delete Windows 10 default themes: I have 4 High contrast themes that I will never use. therefore I want to delete them. Is that possible ? Google doesn't help 26824
  10. Delete Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Theme in Windows 10: How to: Delete Theme in Windows 10 How to Delete Themes in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change themes as often as you like. After you have installed themes from...