Windows 10: unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens...

Discus and support unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens when managing accounts for this particular email account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanRobb1, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AlanRobb1 Win User

unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens...

unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens when managing accounts for this particular email account. I uninstalled the mail app and then reinstalled. Opened mail app and all accounts showed up again. I need help here please.

:)

AlanRobb1, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Feb 20, 2020
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app.  Nothing happens... [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app.  Nothing happens... [​IMG]

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Michael87 Win User

unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens...

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Michael87, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens... - Similar Threads - unable delete yahoo

2. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  3. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  4. Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app: From last one month I am not able to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app or other applications blue mail, Thunderbird mail clients. The issue are: i Issue is only with sending mails. Mails are received normally in Ymail and Gmail.ii Outlook account is...
  5. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  6. Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Delete Email Account from Windows 10: Hello, I no longer have access to the following email ending in .onmicrosoft.com and wish to delete it from my Windows 10 computer. However, when I click on the "manage" button, it takes me to a login page for my personal email address and I am unable to log in using my...
  7. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  9. windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail app not working with yahoo email: I have been having problems with my windows 10 mail app and my yahoo email account. My yahoo email works perfect with all my android phone/tablet mail apps but is a nightmare with windows 10 mail app. The emails show up on windows 10 mail hours even days after I receive...
  10. Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app

Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app: Outgoing messages get hung up in Outbox on Windows 10 mail app. Have deleted and reinstalled yahoo numerous times. Web-based yahoo works fine, works fine from my iPhone...it's just Win 10. What's the correct outbox server setting?...