Windows 10: Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.

Discus and support Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot update access for administrator without receiving error. Removing Adobe blocked by permissions. Cannot get notebook to open cmd line. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenShaw3, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.

Cannot update access for administrator without receiving error.

Removing Adobe blocked by permissions.

Cannot get notebook to open cmd line.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

HP Steambook

:)

KarenShaw3, Dec 5, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2018
  3. "You require special permission from (myself) to make changes to this folder."

Recently, i have downloaded some files and i was wanting to delete them because they were useless, it said, "You require special permission from (myself) to make changes to this folder.". Its my computer and i'm the administrator.
    One thing I've notice when i was buzzing around the the security tab in properties is that the trusted installer have special permissions, and i'm the owner of the file. And sometimes when i try to rename or move the file, it will say "the file is open in
    another program.". I've seen many people both of my issue but none worked. One thing i didn't try is to log in to the built in administrator account.

Stella Las, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.

Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000

After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder." It doesn't matter
    if I just created it or not. I can remove the folder just fine using rmdir <folder> /s /q.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Using explorer create the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c.
    2. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."
    3. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c -works just fine
    4. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b -works just fine
    5. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a -works just fine.

This will also reproduce the issue

1. mkdir c:\users\rob\a
    2. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b
    3. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b\c
    4. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

This is a new behavior and is causing some build tools to fail.

Thanks,

Rob

***Title modified from Windows Explorer Permissions Isuse***

Rob.Kreger, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.

1. Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless. - Similar Threads - Unable delete Adobe

2. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  3. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove users - requires permissions: I want to remove all existing users in a PC. I am logged in as administrator. If there are multiple users on the machine, I am able to delete some but not others. With those I am unable to delete, it requires permissions although I am already logged in as administrator....
  4. Unable to remove users - requires permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  6. Special permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Special permission: I never had problems with my computer before. But this past weekend I did have a problem, I started up my computer and when I did I got a popup. [ATTACH] Here it is. And I tried to fix it by looking it up and just looking through threads about this happing to other people...
  7. How to delete file that require permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete file that require permission?: [ATTACH] I suspect this file to be a malware, can I do anything to delete this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-file-that-require-permission/01f01c08-fe85-4235-99bb-ec77b0cabf0e
  8. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  9. What does "delete" mean in advanced special permissions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does "delete" mean in advanced special permissions?: The definitions I have found so far are circular, for example: "Delete: Allows or denies deleting the file or folder. If you do not have Delete permission on a file or folder, you can still delete it if you have been granted Delete Subfolders and Files on the parent...
  10. Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file: So I have having issues with Windows defender sucking up my RAM. I was attempting to remedy this issue but every time I go to try to do anything that requires administrator permission I get told that I need system permission to do it. I am logged in on an Administrator...