Windows 10: Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

Discus and support Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Ten Forums, I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skruger, Apr 3, 2019.

1. skruger Win User

Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

Hi Ten Forums,

I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations, desktop, downloads, pictures, music, etc........ but not in Documents.

A system restore point back in February seemed to fix it for a few weeks, but after some system updates to the problem has returned.

I am the Administrator and only person using the computer.

Any ideas, or things to check I would really appreciate the advice. Thank you!

:)

skruger, Apr 3, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Apr 3, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder - Similar Threads - Unable delete anything

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  6. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  8. Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder

Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder: Ive put the documents in the documentsnow any game that has settings in the documents cant find the settings and the settings have reseti can still access the files but any software that needs them canti dont know how i did this...
  9. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  10. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...