Windows 10: Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

Discus and support Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Ten Forums, I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skruger, Apr 3, 2019.

1. skruger Win User

Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

Hi Ten Forums,

I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations, desktop, downloads, pictures, music, etc........ but not in Documents.

A system restore point back in February seemed to fix it for a few weeks, but after some system updates to the problem has returned.

I am the Administrator and only person using the computer.

Any ideas, or things to check I would really appreciate the advice. Thank you!

:)

skruger, Apr 3, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Apr 3, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder - Similar Threads - Unable delete anything

2. Unable to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder.: I have a folder on my D drive that I can't delete. It's in "my music". It's an album folder that I can't get rid of. I have deleted everything inside of it but the actual folder won't delete. It says "Item Not Found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in...
  3. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  5. Unable to delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder: Windows 10 Pro 1803, 17134.407. I'm backing up my steam files again and I forgot about backing up F.E.A.R. to a different name unfortunately it looks like steam was able to not only create a folder with that name but chuck in a few sub folder with lots of files (20 files in...
  6. Unable to delete locked document

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to delete locked document: Hi, I've been trying to delete this document but I can't seem to. I've tried the multiple ways that I found on the forums but none of them worked for me. I uploaded the document from my Mac and when I did, a 'ds_store' appeared in my files as well and I deleted that, I...
  7. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...
  8. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: I tried various things including your suggestion which didnt work. What did work however was this: 1. open elevated command prompt 2. type rd /s /q \path\to\folder and this removes them. You may have to enable the hidden administrator account which you can do...
  9. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862
  10. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...