Windows 10: Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys

Discus and support Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been unable to use Bluetooth related services since the upgrade to the Creators Update(1703). The device manger returns a Code19 error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BRAC, Nov 19, 2017.

1. BRAC Win User

Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys

Hello,

I've been unable to use Bluetooth related services since the upgrade to the Creators Update(1703). The device manger returns a Code19 error saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged". I've since tried various workarounds but have had no luck so far. So, I'm hoping a complete reset of anything Bluetooth related in the registry will fix the issue.

As suggested here I've manged to delete all the relevant keys except for one particular key named BTHENUM. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the key contains a number of subkeys. Even more show up upon taking ownership of 'properties'. Since there are close to a hundred keys (maybe more), I've tried using the command line tool (subInacl.exe) to take ownership/make necessary changes to the keys but the command fails with some keys working and the rest not. The only way out for now is to take ownership/delete individually which is a nightmare.

I would like to know if there's a quicker way to get this done other than a clean install.

Note: I've tried deleting the keys in safe mode and via the built-in administrator account without success. I've also uninstalled all hidden BT drivers from Device Manager.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys [​IMG]

:)

2. Bluetooth Device Automatically Reinstalls and does not work

Figured it out, replying just in case anyone runs into the same problem.

Here is what worked for me.

1) Go into device manager, right click on the stuck device, go to properties and in the top menu select events. There should be an event Device Install Requested. In information for that event the MAC address of the device is listed Device BTHENUM\Dev_<MAC>.
    Write down the MAC address.

2) Unplug dongle

3) Stop all Bluetooth related services. Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type services.msc,
    press Enter. I had Bluetooth Service, Bluetooth Support Service, and Bluetooth Driver Management Service.

4) Uninstall all device and dongle related drivers through device manager. Make sure to click show hidden devices in the view menu and uninstall everything Bluetooth related including
    COM ports, RFCOMM, and PAN.

5) Use Registrar Registry Manager (Resplendence Software - Registrar Registry Manager) and search the entire registry for the MAC address of the device in a single string, for example "0006667624b4". Delete every single entry, careful here to not delete anything unrelated
    to the device by accident. The reason to use Registrar Registry Manager is the Windows registry editor will not allow you to delete some of the keys due to null characters, no matter what permissions you have.

6) This is what I missed before when I tried manually cleaning registry. Search for the MAC address again but type it in HEX format for example "00:06:66:76:24:b4". This should find more entries, delete all, again be careful, make sure its Bluetooth related.

7) Reboot, plug dongle back in, install dongle drivers. The device should be gone and you should be able to pair it to the computer again.

Good luck everyone.

VladimirJoukov, Nov 19, 2017
  3. gtbrown77 Win User
    Problems installing updates - Windows 10 Home Version 1607

AdwCleaner removed things related to a coupon printer (files, service, folders) and leftover folders related to AVG. It also deleted several registry keys, many of which appear to be related to the coupon printer(s?). There are a few other keys, but I can't
    really tell what they are by name or location on the C: drive

JRT deleted three files (look like they were related to AVG updates), two registry keys, and one registry value

Malware Bytes turned up nothing

Hitman deleted a ton of cookies and several PUPs. It looks like they may have been registry keys or values, all related to that coupon printer.

gtbrown77, Nov 19, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Download ExecTI
    and run regedit as TrustedInstaller to see if you can delete the whole thing.

topgundcp, Nov 20, 2017
  5. BRAC Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Will see if it works.

Edit: The tool worked. I could delete the keys...As for Bluetooth itself, I have to see if a re-installation works. Fingers crossed it will. If not I'll be back again *Smile

BRAC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys - Similar Threads - Unable delete Bluetooth

2. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently delete driver registry key: I accidently deleted the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\GFX. I was attempting to install opencl, which on a guide said that to be deleted and install the driver from...
  3. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently delete driver registry key: I accidently deleted the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\GFX. I was attempting to install opencl, which on a guide said that to be deleted and install the driver from...
  4. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Registry/Driver Related Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry/Driver Related Issue: Hi there, I really hope someone can help me with this one.So attempting to fix a touchpad issue I've been having since I installed Windows 11 I have somehow killed any external peripherals that were connected to my laptop. I was following the guide right here in the microsoft...
  6. Registry/Driver Related Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry/Driver Related Issue: Hi there, I really hope someone can help me with this one.So attempting to fix a touchpad issue I've been having since I installed Windows 11 I have somehow killed any external peripherals that were connected to my laptop. I was following the guide right here in the microsoft...
  7. Doubts related to registry key...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts related to registry key...: Hi!I want to gather some information about bluetooth devices connected to my laptop. I saw that registry key that storage some useful info:But i'm facing some issues trying to understand this information, for example:- There is no documentation related to this values so i...
  8. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  9. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  10. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...