Windows 10: Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator

Discus and support Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When attempting to update a program, got an error saying unable to create directory.... Was further advised to delete the original installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DouglasDrake1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator

When attempting to update a program, got an error saying unable to create directory....

Was further advised to delete the original installation folder.

When attempting to do so, even as administrator, got message that file protected.

Any suggestions?

:)

DouglasDrake1, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 14, 2020
  4. dschlenz Win User

Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator

Unable to delete a directory

Hi - I downloaded a directory via FTP using FileZilla (which I do a lot) but for some reason I am unable to delete the directory on my local drive. I get "Item Not Found" / "Could not find this item" even though its there and I can actually open the directory
    and add files. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as its messing with my backup routines.

Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator b6d6dffe-2e5e-4394-b8a4-18fee8f8e4a2?upload=true.png

dschlenz, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator

1. Unable to Delete Directory as Administrator - Similar Threads - Unable Delete Directory

2. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  3. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  4. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not able to delete a directory

Not able to delete a directory: Hi I am the administrator on my PC, yet I am unable to delete a specific directory. I get a message "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to the folder" I right clicked on the directory, and clicked on Security, and advanced, and then...
  6. Unable to delete Windowsapp Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete Windowsapp Directory: I use RAID0 drive for installing programs and games. Somehow Windows store installed 2 directories of Halo collection in the Windowsapp directory, one with older version and another one for newest version. I uninstalled the game for now and was trying to delete the other...
  7. Unable to Delete Files as Administrator

Unable to Delete Files as Administrator: There are some files in my hard drive that aren't any sort of system files, and they aren't running either. It was a program that suddenly wouldn't run anymore, and I'm not sure why. Something happened to the executable file because the icon started to look like a default...
  8. Deleting Directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting Directory: I am logged in as an Administrator and I cannot delete a directory- I don't have permission. I checked in to properties and it says Administrators have Full Access. It also shows Trusted Installers have Full access - who is that???? How do I uninstall a directory ? Thanks...
  9. Unable to delete a directory

Unable to delete a directory: Hi - I downloaded a directory via FTP using FileZilla (which I do a lot) but for some reason I am unable to delete the directory on my local drive. I get "Item Not Found" / "Could not find this item" even though its there and I can actually open the directory and add files....
  10. Unable to delete directory. Error code 0x80004005.

Unable to delete directory. Error code 0x80004005.: I have the following problem. I recently upgraded Windows 10 to the latest version. In the root directory of the C: drive there is a folder called Windows.old. When I try to delete it, I get an error. I drill down into the directory structure and I find a directory...