Windows 10: Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are running low on disk space, you may want to delete your […] This article Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 16, 2021
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10 boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Jan 16, 2021
  3. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2021
  4. trickson Win User

Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10

Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to delete Disk Partition as Delete Volume option is greyed out on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable delete Disk

2. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  3. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  4. Disk partition deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition deleted: I was running dual boot of windows 10 and ubunto on my laptop , and i accidentally extended the disk partition of windows and I deleted the disk partition on linux , is there any way to undo this or recover the linux data again?...
  5. Disk partition deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition deleted: I was running dual boot of windows 10 and ubunto on my laptop , and i accidentally extended the disk partition of windows and I deleted the disk partition on linux , is there any way to undo this or recover the linux data again?...
  6. Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out: I have been trying to delete this app from Microsoft store. The app and feature wouldn't allow me to delete it. I tried deleting it in powershell, but I couldn't find it with this command Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName. The app isn't display there....
  7. Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10: Have tried everything.Computer Management, Command Prompt override thing, deleting Page File for that partition, nothing works.Hoping for suggestions...
  8. Delete Volume option is greyed out for USB Flash drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Delete Volume option is greyed out for USB Flash drive on Windows 10: If you’re unable to delete volume on USB flash drive with Windows 10 built-in tool Disk Management because the Delete Volume option is greyed out for a USB Flash drive on your device, the solutions provided in this post are intended to help you resolve this issue. Delete...
  9. Delete keybord greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete keybord greyed out: hello, I have updated windows to 1803 now i have two keybords. [img] I want to delete the Nederland an click on Taalvoorkeuren (Language preference) there i find the Nederland. [img] But verwijderen (deleted) is grey. Anyone ideas how i can deleted this? 109066
  10. Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10: How to: Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10 How to Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can delete a volume or partition on a disk, except for a system or boot volume or partition. When you delete a volume or partition on...