Windows 10: Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

Discus and support Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2 days ago my pc crashed while I was gaming, no big deal I boot up again and noticed my system was stuttering while navigating through my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zephyr-Kun, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

2 days ago my pc crashed while I was gaming, no big deal I boot up again and noticed my system was stuttering while navigating through my desktop. Couldn’t run any games without a blue screen and can’t access any type of antivirus. After a day of trying to figure this out I asked one of my more tech savvy friends and came up with the conclusion that a virus had messed up my system 32 files. I figured factory resetting my PC would fix this but windows wouldn’t even reset. It would just take me straight back. I decided to just do it manually with a USB that has windows. Now I’m stuck with not b

:)

Zephyr-Kun, Aug 10, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 10, 2021
  3. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Techtu Win User

Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

Change partition as system and to drive C

As far as I'm aware Windows is mostly used as the C drive, therefore it is unable to delete itself so to speak, I'd recommend using your Windows installation disc and reinstalling the OS of your choice onto the known C drive. and whilst using the Windows disc delete/format the other drives/partitions to what you want/need.

EDIT: just read your Win7 disc is screwed... how about cloning your Win7 installtion to the current C drive? However I don't think this will be as effective in the long term due to your drive setup and also will no doubt leave the Vista files.

Techtu, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup

1. Unable To Delete Drive Partition On Windows Setup - Similar Threads - Unable Delete Drive

2. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  3. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  4. Deleted Windows Partitions on SSD and now unable to recognize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Windows Partitions on SSD and now unable to recognize: I'm building a new PC and was in the process of installing Win10 on 1 of my SSDs. After some research i rebooted PCnot fully installed yet, and started to install on a different SSD. Initially i received an error and at the 2nd attempt I deleted the partitions on the 1st SSD....
  5. Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10: Have tried everything.Computer Management, Command Prompt override thing, deleting Page File for that partition, nothing works.Hoping for suggestions...
  6. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  7. Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup not working after deleting the drive partitions.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  8. Delete a duplicate Drive D partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a duplicate Drive D partition: How do I delete a duplicate Drive D partition. In file explorer, two Drive D folders appear. One has a down arrow on the drive D icon. Ther other has a music note icon next to the Drive D. Opening either one displays the same content. DIsk manager shows only on drive D....
  9. Unable to fix partitioned drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to fix partitioned drive: A windows update ended up messing with my partitioned drive somehow, giving me the "Error: no such partition" screen. I've used a Windows 10 Media installation device to get my computer to the command prompt, and I've been following this guide:...
  10. partition setup

in Windows 10 Support
    partition setup: How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662