Windows 10: Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App

Discus and support Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community, I am using the Mail app on my laptop to check my Yahoo email. There are 2 similar folders named "drafts" and "draft." The folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by schortzie, Apr 21, 2021.

1. schortzie Win User

Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App

Hello Community,

I am using the Mail app on my laptop to check my Yahoo email. There are 2 similar folders named "drafts" and "draft." The folder named "drafts" has the rename, delete and move options greyed out. I am assuming this is a folder I cannot delete. However, the "draft" folder does not have these options greyed out. I have tried to delete the "draft" folder several times, but it continues to come back with an error message "The Draft folder couldn't be deleted."

I checked if this was an issue stemming from my Yahoo email by logging into it via their website on a browser, but I was not able to find a folder there named "draft." There is only the folder named "drafts."

Additionally, I checked my iPhone Mail app the only other place I have ever checked my Yahoo email to see if maybe the issue was there. This was not helpful though either. Same thing, a folder named "drafts."

Finally, I tried to reset the Mail app by going into the Windows settings. After the reset I opened the Mail app to check for the "draft" folder and it was still there.

Is there some other way to fix this issue I am not seeing? Or, am I doomed to be annoyed by this "draft" folder forever?

I am looking forward to hearing a response.

Sincerely,

schorzie

:)

schortzie, Apr 21, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 21, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App - Similar Threads - Unable Delete Empty

2. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  3. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  4. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  6. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  7. Unable to delete an empty folder

Unable to delete an empty folder: I'm getting error message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." The folder structure is: Documents/LOGS/Documents/Daily Logs Documents/LOGS/Documents/Musings Documents/LOGS/Documents/TEDHNICAL/...
  8. Unable to delete a Windows App folder

Unable to delete a Windows App folder: I can access the Windows App folder as I have changed the security permissions so I have full control. However, I am still prevented from deleting a folder as it states I need the administrator profile's approval. I only have one profile and I am the administrator, so I'm not...
  9. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete: Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen...
  10. Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App: Hi, I access my Outlook.com email through the Windows 10 Mail app - this is the same Microsoft Account that I sign into my laptop with. When I Right-Click on the Junk Folder and click on "Empty Folder", as I would so in Outlook or on Outlook.com, I am presented with the...