Windows 10: Unable to delete encrypted game folder from Win Store

Discus and support Unable to delete encrypted game folder from Win Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have this encrypted folder of Forza Horizon 3 that I installed to a hard drive, then after reinstalling Windows due to unrelated problems it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ToiletNinja, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Unable to delete encrypted game folder from Win Store

Hello, I have this encrypted folder of Forza Horizon 3 that I installed to a hard drive, then after reinstalling Windows due to unrelated problems it stayed on that hard drive, but I currently run the game from a different installation point on a different hard drive. The problem is it's taking up too much space (49.6GB) that could otherwise be more useful.

• Simply deleting it doesn't work.
    • Using del in powershell (as system) doesn't work (Access to the path 'filename' is denied, PermissionDenied: UnauthorizedAccessException).
    • Advanced folder options -> uncheck encrypt contents doesn't work (The specified file could not be decrypted)
    • Giving myself & almost everyone else listed 'Full Control' in Security changes nothing.

The next thing I can think of doing is getting out of Windows to delete the file, like the recovery command prompt or a program from the UBCD.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

ToiletNinja, Aug 21, 2017
  2. tdhmsn Win User

Can I continue my solitaire statistics from Win 7 to Win 10?

Problem solved for now. I am back on Win 7 after many problems with Win 10: could not read my encrypted Excel files (even one written by Win 10) , malware got installed with Win 10 (found by MS store techs), bad solitaire games with statistics not continued
    from previous version, ... . Big thanks to my local MS store for help making Win 10 live long enough to install a saved image of Win 7. Someday I might have to try Win 10 again, but I am happy to be able to continue playing all the numbered freecell games
    and to keep my streak of 2500 wins intact. Please continue getting the bugs out so that next try can be more successful.

tdhmsn, Aug 21, 2017
  3. Rohit04 Win User
    Unable to Encrypt the Folder in win 10. Encrpt check boxes are disabled & not working .Please fix this stuff .I have installed the Serverligth & also my hard disk is of NTFS file system

I'm not encrypting the drive .I'm encrypting a particular folder .Yes bitlocker is n't available in my win 10

Rohit04, Aug 21, 2017
Thema:

Unable to delete encrypted game folder from Win Store

1. Unable to delete encrypted game folder from Win Store - Similar Threads - Unable delete encrypted

2. Unable to encrypt a folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to encrypt a folder.: I'm trying to put a password on a folder but if I go to properties and then advanced attributes the option for it is fully greyed out. I've tried googling the issue but none of the solutions worked, I've enabled Encrypting file system under services and restarted my computer...
  3. Unable to delete files from iCloud folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files from iCloud folder: Hello! I have a problem with iCloud for PC, Windows store version. I can't delete any of the downloaded files. Each time I get this error message: [ATTACH] However, I can rename/move these files and delete them using explorer if they are not downloaded to my PC. I have...
  4. Unable to install games from the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install games from the store: Split from this thread. I cannot download any game on to my PC even if you download it from someone else PC my PC will tell you some file is missing but i updated my PC again but i am facing the same problem....
  5. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  6. Unable to start games from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to start games from Store: I am unable to start the games (all the games!!) I download from the Store. I press the start, it flashes but nothing happens. I tried updating Windows, Store, the games with no avail...
  7. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  8. Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"

Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop": Unable to delete a specific folder on Win 10 desktop"unable to delete file or folder open in another program " or "shared in Network" SAFE MODE'or DOS ineffective.Advice?. There is a contained file also undeleteable....
  9. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...
  10. Unable to delete folder from PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder from PC: I have a folder that I can not delete. When I try, I get an error message saying the file is no longer at this location and to verify it's location and try again. So how do I verify it's location? I was able to transfer the files from the folder and put them into another...