Windows 10: Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

Discus and support Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I exported a file on windows 10 with a file name that was at the character limit. I've named files at the character limit before, but this time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Stuhlinger, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

I exported a file on windows 10 with a file name that was at the character limit. I've named files at the character limit before, but this time I exported the file at the character limit. I have been unable to delete for months now. Clicking delete doesn't work. Trying to force delete it in command prompt doesn't work. Restarting and trying in safe mode doesn't work. It seems as though windows 10 doesn't even detect the file as whenever I try to delete it in command prompt, it says "The system cannot find the path specified."Honestly any help would be appreciated. It's been a real annoyance, b

:)

John Stuhlinger, Mar 22, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

1. Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file - Similar Threads - Unable delete file

2. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a file: I was copying a number of files to my NAS the other night and Microsoft decided to do an update without any notice and the computer was rebooted part way through the copy. I now have a folder with a partial file in it but have been unable to delete it. I have tried just...
  3. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a file: Hi, my name is Aakash. I have a file that has a long name just filled with random characters. I am not able to delete that file. I am not sure why. I believe it is because of the name as it is to long and the system can't properly load it or something. Please help me as it is...
  4. Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file: I exported a file on windows 10 with a file name that was at the character limit. I've named files at the character limit before, but this time I exported the file at the character limit. I have been unable to delete for months now. Clicking delete doesn't work. Trying to...
  5. Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete file for months and windows 10 doesn't see to detect the file: I exported a file on windows 10 with a file name that was at the character limit. I've named files at the character limit before, but this time I exported the file at the character limit. I have been unable to delete for months now. Clicking delete doesn't work. Trying to...
  6. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a file: There appears to be a corrupt .mp4 file on one of my hard drives that will not allow me to delete it. I get no error message or pop up when I try to delete it. It just doesn't' delete. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  7. Unable to delete file

Unable to delete file: Hello, Today I allowed a tech support person from Google access to my computer, and he added a file to my download folder. I tried to delete it, but keeps telling me that I need permission from the admin. But I AM the admin of my computer. I've attached a capture of the...
  8. UNABLE TO DELETE FILES

UNABLE TO DELETE FILES: I have been attempting to clean out the "junk" and useless files accumulated over the years. One file that I have named "Downloads" contains nothing but archaic items (i.e., 2011-2013), but I cannot delete any of the items within that file. I am running Windows 10. Any...
  9. unabled to delete file

unabled to delete file: im unable to delete this file . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unabled-to-delete-file/0d741951-eac5-4c4b-954d-0fc73b7f6949"
  10. Indexing doesn't see files...

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing doesn't see files...: I've got a lot of PDF's in my User directory, which according to the Indexing service has been indexed (and it says it's done and has indexed thousands of files). PDF's are set to search file properties only. When I search for any of the PDF's by name though I don't find...