Windows 10: unable to delete file or change security/ownership

Discus and support unable to delete file or change security/ownership in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An error occurred while applying security information Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.I get this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Melg, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Melg Win User

unable to delete file or change security/ownership

An error occurred while applying security information Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.I get this error

:)

2. khekpc Win User

accidentally delete of ownership to a file

No, i delete ownership of a drive named ' Local Disk (Dunable to delete file or change security/ownership :)' . i wanted to change the security as i am unable to delete a file in the disk. Unfortunately, i accidentally delete all ownership to the disk
    and am now unable to access it.

khekpc, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC.

unable to delete file or change security/ownership [​IMG]

This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below.

I have even applied the changes to all subfolders...but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

blackbirdabhi, Jul 30, 2021
  4. unable to delete file or change security/ownership

Invalid character in Winrar archive - unable to delete it

See if taking ownership of the file allows you to delete it.

Sounds silly but try it.
    No doesn't. Working....

scaminatrix, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

unable to delete file or change security/ownership

1. unable to delete file or change security/ownership - Similar Threads - unable delete file

2. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  3. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  4. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  6. I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete

I have complete ownership of a file but is unable to delete: I have a file in windows apps I want to delete.I couldn't uninstall it from programs in control panelbut I was able to "uninstall" it from the recommend page inside the start menu.The file is still there and I want to delete. I tried Remove-item path C:/filepath - forceI have...
  7. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab: HiI have a recent issue with some files in one folder on an external hard drive.The files in question are PDFs that are resources downloaded as part on an online course. They were downloaded, opened in Adobe Reader, and then saved into an existing folder on the hard drive. I...
  8. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab: HiI have a recent issue with some files in one folder on an external hard drive.The files in question are PDFs that are resources downloaded as part on an online course. They were downloaded, opened in Adobe Reader, and then saved into an existing folder on the hard drive. I...
  9. Unable to Take Ownership of Folder/Files, No Security Tab

10. Unable to delete files on hard drive, unable to even take ownership of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on hard drive, unable to even take ownership of files?: Hello, this problem has been persisting for a long time for me and I need help with this. I'm unable to delete files from my hard drive, C: despite being the administrator, for certain folders I can even remove the contents inside, but I'm still unable to remove the folder...