Windows 10: unable to delete file or change security/ownership

Discus and support unable to delete file or change security/ownership in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An error occurred while applying security information Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.I get this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Melg, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Melg Win User

unable to delete file or change security/ownership

An error occurred while applying security information Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.I get this error

:)

2. khekpc Win User

accidentally delete of ownership to a file

No, i delete ownership of a drive named ' Local Disk (Dunable to delete file or change security/ownership :)' . i wanted to change the security as i am unable to delete a file in the disk. Unfortunately, i accidentally delete all ownership to the disk
    and am now unable to access it.

khekpc, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC.

unable to delete file or change security/ownership [​IMG]

This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below.

I have even applied the changes to all subfolders...but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

blackbirdabhi, Jul 30, 2021
  4. unable to delete file or change security/ownership

Invalid character in Winrar archive - unable to delete it

See if taking ownership of the file allows you to delete it.

Sounds silly but try it.
    No doesn't. Working....

scaminatrix, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

unable to delete file or change security/ownership

1. unable to delete file or change security/ownership - Similar Threads - unable delete file

2. Unable to delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a file: There appears to be a corrupt .mp4 file on one of my hard drives that will not allow me to delete it. I get no error message or pop up when I try to delete it. It just doesn't' delete. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  3. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  4. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  5. Unable to delete files on hard drive, unable to even take ownership of files?

Unable to delete files on hard drive, unable to even take ownership of files?: Hello, this problem has been persisting for a long time for me and I need help with this. I'm unable to delete files from my hard drive, C: despite being the administrator, for certain folders I can even remove the contents inside, but I'm still unable to remove the folder...
  6. File ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    File ownership: So i have an annoying thing on the computer that if i move a folder/file it then has a little lock and apps cant acces it. I gota right-click then file ownership and then personal. Is there a way to turn that of? Its kinda annoying. Thanks :...
  7. How to change hard disk security ownership?

How to change hard disk security ownership?: I rebuilt my computer when I put my hard drive back into the system and try to change ownership I kept getting this error. I don't even know where the F:\$RECYCLE.BIN is even located in my disk. [ATTACH]...
  8. UNABLE TO DELETE FILES

UNABLE TO DELETE FILES: I have been attempting to clean out the "junk" and useless files accumulated over the years. One file that I have named "Downloads" contains nothing but archaic items (i.e., 2011-2013), but I cannot delete any of the items within that file. I am running Windows 10. Any...
  9. unabled to delete file

unabled to delete file: im unable to delete this file . [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unabled-to-delete-file/0d741951-eac5-4c4b-954d-0fc73b7f6949"
  10. Is it harmful to change ownership of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it harmful to change ownership of a file?: Hello, I have a question regarding taking ownership of an executable that is in the WindowsApps folder in Program Files. I want to take ownership of it so I can make it launch at startup every time I boot up Windows. That's because for some reason, putting a shortcut of...