Windows 10: Unable to delete files and folders

Discus and support Unable to delete files and folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rajagopalan Varadarajan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Unable to delete files and folders

I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it.

This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?

:)

Rajagopalan Varadarajan, Jun 14, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete files and folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete files and folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 14, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Unable to delete files and folders

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Unable to delete files and folders :(

lyndonguitar, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete files and folders

1. Unable to delete files and folders - Similar Threads - Unable delete files

2. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  3. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  4. Unable to delete files or folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folder: I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 and I need to delete a folder containing about 6 files and 4 sub folders. When I click delete, I get the following error: [img] I am then prompted with a dialog where I enter the administrator username and password. I then get the...
  5. Unable to delete files from iCloud folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files from iCloud folder: Hello! I have a problem with iCloud for PC, Windows store version. I can't delete any of the downloaded files. Each time I get this error message: [ATTACH] However, I can rename/move these files and delete them using explorer if they are not downloaded to my PC. I have...
  6. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  7. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete: Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely a game or a...
  8. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  9. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...
  10. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove folder in windows phone