Windows 10: Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files

Discus and support Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had issues with windows taking folder and file permissions from me for random and non-windows items like ShareX. I've tried looking online for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skellitor301, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files

I have had issues with windows taking folder and file permissions from me for random and non-windows items like ShareX. I've tried looking online for answers but none of them have really given me the ability to regain ownership and make alterations to these files/folders. I have lost the ability to use certain programs cause of this, again like ShareX, tried to update it and found it was locked by permissions, now the folder is entirely useless and I can't reinstall the program because of this problem. Some of the things I've tried was through powershell in administrator mode I tried takeown, del, and remdir, none of which worked. I had a registry edit that added a shortcut to takeown in the context menu for explorer, still nothing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    System: Windows 10 pro (version: 1809)

:)

Skellitor301, Mar 11, 2020

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Mar 11, 2020
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. natr0n Win User

Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files

win 7 need perm to delete files

for example i dload new pcsx2 emulator. extract it and cut and paste some files into folder. wont let me delete the new folder after im done. then 5 mins later it will no prob

no system files just random crap you know

I'll just deal with it, can get annoying though

natr0n, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files

1. Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files - Similar Threads - Unable delete files

2. System files on a non system HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files on a non system HDD: It seems that some system files have been saved to one of my internal hard drives drive E that is not my system drive. I was wondering how this might have happened and if there is any way to remove them?...
  3. System files on a non system HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files on a non system HDD: It seems that some system files have been saved to one of my internal hard drives drive E that is not my system drive. I was wondering how this might have happened and if there is any way to remove them?...
  4. System files on a non system HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to delete files or folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folder: I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 and I need to delete a folder containing about 6 files and 4 sub folders. When I click delete, I get the following error: [img] I am then prompted with a dialog where I enter the administrator username and password. I then get the...
  6. Delete non-deleting file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete non-deleting file?: [ATTACH] I want to delete this file but then this error occurs Nicht zulöschende Datei löschen?
  7. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  8. Unable to delete files and folders

Unable to delete files and folders: I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it. This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?...
  9. unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue

unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue: How do I delete 3D Objects, Music, Videos folders from the root catalogue please. Those just create unnecessary clutter in my system. Thanks...
  10. Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete Program Files (X86) folder and files: My Win10 Home is regularly updated by MS. After a recent update I find I am no longer able to update or completely remove applications. An example: Firstly, I am logged in as an administrator. I recently ran a program that informed me that an update was available. I opted...