Windows 10: Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of I sudden when I select a file or folder in my Documents folder using File Explorer on my Windows 10 PC with Office 365 Home (which just received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimField, Mar 14, 2019.

1. TimField Win User

Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC

All of I sudden when I select a file or folder in my Documents folder using File Explorer on my Windows 10 PC with Office 365 Home (which just received updates on Tuesday March 12) and click on the red "Delete" X or right click and then left-click on "Delete" in the small window, nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I have restarted several times since this problem appeared.

Did I inadvertently change a setting or something? Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC 1546e023-2726-4114-9584-ef1ebfa491e5?upload=true.png

I've tried this in my on several files in various subfolders in my Documents file, but files not in my Documents folder will delete, such as in Music or Downloads.

I suppose this has something to do with OneDrive?

:)

TimField, Mar 14, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Tintai Win User

Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Unable delete files

2. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  3. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  4. Useful Files & folders deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useful Files & folders deleted: I am using desktop computer with windows 11. My files & folders on which I worked, got suddenly deleted. It was shown in recent list but couldn't get it back. This was repeatedly & randomly happened. Please help.....
  5. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994
  6. Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder

Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder: Hello, I am unable to delete or move any files or folders in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder. Whenever I try, I get a message saying I need permission from the administrator to carry out the action. If anyone can help, I appreciate it....
  7. Unable to delete files or folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folder: I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 and I need to delete a folder containing about 6 files and 4 sub folders. When I click delete, I get the following error: [img] I am then prompted with a dialog where I enter the administrator username and password. I then get the...
  8. Unable to delete files and folders

Unable to delete files and folders: I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it. This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?...
  9. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...
  10. File Explorer: "This PC" Documents folder link corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: "This PC" Documents folder link corrupt: I tried to move my Documents folder to another partition, but stupidly specified E:\ instead of E:\Documents. I moved it back to the default location and fixed the Quick Access link but can't fix the folder link in "This PC". The icon is E:\ instead of Documents, and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files in a folder in my documents will not delete

2. unable to delete folder on windows 10 file explorer

3. unable to delete directory from file explorer

4. cannot delete files from my documents,
  5. unable to delet document file,
  6. unable to delete files in documents folder,
  7. file explorer unable to select a file,
  8. cannot delete file in file explorer documents,
  9. windows 10 pro unable to delete files