Windows 10: Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

Discus and support Unable to delete items, how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to delete items from my documents or photos like power points, word documents, or .jpg, I am unable to. If I right click on the item the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShelbyPence, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

When I try to delete items from my documents or photos like power points, word documents, or .jpg, I am unable to. If I right click on the item the delete option is not there. I am also unable to move the items to the recycle bin.

:)

ShelbyPence, Dec 5, 2019

2. Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

When I try to delete items from my documents or photos like power points, word documents, or .jpg, I am unable to. If I right click on the item the delete option is not there. I am also unable to move the items to the recycle bin.

ShelbyPence, Dec 16, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Unable to delete items, how do I fix it? [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Unable to delete items, how do I fix it? [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

1. Unable to delete items, how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Unable delete items

2. Deleted BTHUSB.sys, how do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted BTHUSB.sys, how do I fix this ?: Hi, I was trying to delete a different bluetooth driver that was causing problem but accidently deleted BTHUSB.sys alongside it. Here are some screenshots of the situation:Recovery back-ups are turned off, and I cannot reinstall windows. I seriously need to get this bluetooth...
  3. Deleted BTHUSB.sys, how do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted BTHUSB.sys, how do I fix this ?: Hi, I was trying to delete a different bluetooth driver that was causing problem but accidently deleted BTHUSB.sys alongside it. Here are some screenshots of the situation:Recovery back-ups are turned off, and I cannot reinstall windows. I seriously need to get this bluetooth...
  4. Deleted BTHUSB.sys, how do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  6. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  7. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  9. how do i fix right click context menu items?

how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  10. How do I delete a Task Bar item?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a Task Bar item?: My task bar contains "Nelson 877-869-4666." How can I delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-task-bar-item/e823d30b-9088-40a7-a488-6680540aa956