Windows 10: Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

Discus and support Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I now using AMOEI products for file backup / partition management, now I have created some backup files differential that are 100Gb I need to delete to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulJustin, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

I now using AMOEI products for file backup / partition management, now I have created some backup files differential that are 100Gb I need to delete to recover disk space. When I try to use std Windows delete function I have left for 5 hours and it still says "calculating"

:)

PaulJustin, Feb 6, 2020
  2. UbErN00b Win User

Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Xilnik Win User

Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

Recover Deleted Files

Are there any good recovery tools out there that can recover recently deleted files? This isn't an emergency, but I have lost several files in the last six months on separate occasions, and my recovery tools failed to bring them back even though I did everything recommended to prevent loss of data. These files are generally on separate drives from Windows, so Macrium Reflect is not really a solution, nor would I want the paid version to back up the files since that would result in massive disk space usage.

When I have lost files, I have immediately shut down all handles to the drive(s) that the files were lost from. I have then used the following software to try to recover my files:
    • Recuva - Fails for recently deleted files but finds files from months ago?
    • EaseUS Data Recovery - Same as Recuva
    • StompSoft Recover Lost Data - Very old program that often finds the files but restores corrupted versions of the files
    • iCare Format Recovery - Fairly old software that has the same issue as Recover Lost Data

By the way, I have a bad habit of always using Shift + Delete to delete files, which is why I sometimes lose files when I'm tired or stressed and not paying close enough attention. I do have my most important work related files on a backup routine to prevent that from happening, but personal media files take up too much space for that to be feasible.

Xilnik, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

1. Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space - Similar Threads - Unable delete large

2. How to delete large, older System Recovery backup files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete large, older System Recovery backup files?: We have a DellUltra with ~230 gb hard drive/64-bit, running Windows 10 Home version and subscribe to Office 365. We have less than 1 GB of space left, and using TreeSize it seems most of the ~140 GB in "Other" storage is taken up by older system recovery backup files....
  3. How to delete large, older System Recovery backup files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete large, older System Recovery backup files?: We have a DellUltra with ~230 gb hard drive/64-bit, running Windows 10 Home version and subscribe to Office 365. We have less than 1 GB of space left, and using TreeSize it seems most of the ~140 GB in "Other" storage is taken up by older system recovery backup files....
  4. How to delete large, older System Recovery backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to delete or find a large file in my computer

Unable to delete or find a large file in my computer: In the display of storage found out there is a large file of 15MB, but unable to find it or delete by the chance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-or-find-a-large-file-in-my/05a9268f-b850-4170-965b-22b84690a95e
  6. Unable to delete or find a large file in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or find a large file in my computer: In the display of storage found out there is a large file of 15MB, but unable to find it or delete by the chance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-or-find-a-large-file-in-my/05a9268f-b850-4170-965b-22b84690a95e
  7. Unable to delete or find a large file in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. drive space is 100gb full

drive space is 100gb full: Hello,I need help in removing the previous version of window 8, as I am using an upgrade of window10 and my drive space is very low. Almost 100GB of data is in the drive for windows only, please help....
  9. Recovering backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering backup files: 1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems. Immediately made system repair disk and backed up files to an external 1TB hard drive. Recently computer's Hard Drive warned of...
  10. Cleaning up 3.99TB space on a 100GB HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning up 3.99TB space on a 100GB HDD?: I did a HDD clean up after a Windows 10 update and I was very much surprised by what is showing on the following screen: The stats say the size of the Windows Update Cleanup is 3.99TB, while the HDD capacity is 100GB. The disk cleanup did take a very long time to finish....