Windows 10: Unable to delete microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to delete microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old Office 365 school account which I had initially added to my laptop. This account has been now closed, however I am unable to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GidiST, Mar 8, 2019.

1. GidiST Win User

Unable to delete microsoft account

Hi,

I have an old Office 365 school account which I had initially added to my laptop.

This account has been now closed, however I am unable to delete it from my profile. Each time I startup my machine I get a message "Work or school account issue". However, I don't seem to find a way to delete it.

Thanks

:)

GidiST, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Unable to delete microsoft account

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete microsoft account

1. Unable to delete microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable delete microsoft

2. Unable to delete work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete work account: My system keeps asking me to log into a work account. I have tried disconnecting it, but all I get is an error saying "This PC isn't joined to a domain".As I don't work for the organisation anymore, I physically can't log into said domain.So how can I disconnect it?Likewise,...
  3. Unable to delete work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete work account: My system keeps asking me to log into a work account. I have tried disconnecting it, but all I get is an error saying "This PC isn't joined to a domain".As I don't work for the organisation anymore, I physically can't log into said domain.So how can I disconnect it?Likewise,...
  4. Microsoft account deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account deletion: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I have recently deleted a microsoft account I do not use anymore. Does this mean that the deleted account will also be removed from the device I used it on?...
  5. Deleting a microsoft account

Deleting a microsoft account: On my account, I have two Microsoft account. I am not sure how this happen but I would like to delete the account under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10: Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts listed under Email & Accounts. There is NO option to delete the "Primary" account. I only want the second account on the computer. I already tried removing the laptop from the webpage interface, but the account is still there. Why is there...
  7. deleting a Microsoft account

deleting a Microsoft account: How do I remove a Microsoft account? I created two and I don't use the other one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-microsoft-account/1ad02317-1e10-46b5-9b89-3401036a717d"
  8. Delete Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Microsoft account: Help please, I was trying to delete an old Microsoft account and I can't do it. I don't need that account anymore, can someone please tell me exactly what do I need to do?...
  9. Unable to delete Work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete Work account: Hi All, I added my work account to my PC. After i resigned from the organization i forgot to remove my work account. Now my PC keeps trying to login to my work account and gives me error as the company already deleted the email ID. now i am unable to use the MANAGE option...
  10. Deleting Microsoft account

Deleting Microsoft account: I have two Microsoft accounts; one I opened with my Gmail, another one using my company email address (which I no longer have nor do have any access to, thus I cannot make any changes or deletions to it). I keep getting messages that my Microsoft account is "out of date" and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove pc from microsoft account

2. unable to delete windows account

3. unable to remove microsoft account