Windows 10: unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue

Discus and support unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I delete 3D Objects, Music, Videos folders from the root catalogue please. Those just create unnecessary clutter in my system. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.MS, Mar 16, 2019.

1. M.MS Win User

unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue

How do I delete 3D Objects, Music, Videos folders from the root catalogue please. Those just create unnecessary clutter in my system. Thanks

:)

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 16, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 16, 2019
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

1. unable to delete non-system folders from This PC root catalogue - Similar Threads - unable delete non

2. Can I safely delete folders in the root?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete folders in the root?: I recently got a disk space shortage notification. So I checked the disk usage and found there three folders took very large space:~30 GB for AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OfficeFileCache5\0\0\~20 GB for C:\Symbols\ and C:\symcache -> there two folders seem related...
  3. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  4. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  5. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  6. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  7. Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete files or folders for non-system related files: I have had issues with windows taking folder and file permissions from me for random and non-windows items like ShareX. I've tried looking online for answers but none of them have really given me the ability to regain ownership and make alterations to these files/folders. I...
  8. How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC"

How to delete Duplicated System Folders from "This PC": Hi Team, Good day. In my PC there are some duplicate System Folders created automatically [ATTACH] I have tried to make changes in registry "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" but no use. Kindly advise....
  9. Removing protection from non-system folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing protection from non-system folder: My problem concerns Windows Security/Virus & threat protection/Ransomware protection/Controlled folder access/Protected folders. The option exists to add a protected folder to the ones that Windows already protects. I did that. I would now like to remove the folder that I...
  10. Unable to delete folder from PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder from PC: I have a folder that I can not delete. When I try, I get an error message saying the file is no longer at this location and to verify it's location and try again. So how do I verify it's location? I was able to transfer the files from the folder and put them into another...