Windows 10: Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

Discus and support Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DocEdBrown, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication something was wrong. So I deselected the checkbox for Photos in iCloud for Windows settings, then hit Apply. At the Turn off iCloud Photos pop-up I selected Delete from PC. Of course, any remaining photos in iCloud.com would still be there.Then I rebooted the PC. When it rebooted, I then opened iCloud Settings and re-enable

:)

DocEdBrown, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Lee Mac Win User

How to Upload Folders of Photos to Albums on iCloud?

I'm trying to determine the best way to migrate multiple folders of photos on Windows 10 to iCloud.

Currently, I'm copying each folder of photos to the iCloud Photos\Uploads folder, which successfully uploads the photos to iCloud, however, the photos do not appear in albums and are therefore no longer grouped.

Is there a way to upload a folder of photos so that it appears in an album on iCloud, or do I have to manually create the album and move the photos into it after uploading?

Also, after uploading the folder of photos, should I delete the folder from the Uploads folder?

Lee Mac, Oct 17, 2021
  3. m1xed0s Win User
    Prevent iCloud Photos Folder Being Auto-Created?

I have iCloud for Windows v7.0.1.210 on Windows 10 version 1703. I only enabled iCloud Drive and web bookmark sync features. But somehow the iCloud Photos folder is created automatically every time I open the iCloud setting after I deleted it manually, especially annoyingly it got added to my Quick access list inside File Explorer.

BTW, anyway to remove the iCloud icon from system tray on windows 10?

m1xed0s, Oct 17, 2021
  4. DWG4 Win User

Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Hi reader,

I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC.

I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder

However, i cant delete any of these jpegs from the iCloud Photos folder.

Is there a permission i need to over rule?

Thanks,

D.

Thema:

Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

1. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder - Similar Threads - Unable delete photos

2. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  3. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  4. iCloud photos

iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  5. iCloud Photos folder problem

iCloud Photos folder problem: Hello, I posted this on the apple forum and they recommend I try to find answers here as well. I have seen other people with this problem but none of the solutions have worked out for me. I have a growing number of "iCloud Photos" folders in my file explorer that are...
  6. iCloud Photos folder duplicate

iCloud Photos folder duplicate: So I have iCloud Photos on my Windows 10 and for some reasons there's this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-folder-duplicate/ecfa4138-ae5e-40e5-bec0-1767e25d4755
  7. Delete iCloud photos from file explorer

Delete iCloud photos from file explorer: Hello everyone, can some help me, how do i delete the icloud folders created in file explorer. I downloaded icloud for windows, had no luck accessing icloud photos. decided to log out and uninstall icloud windows but left with these in the file explorer, that I really...
  8. Unable to delete files from iCloud folder

Unable to delete files from iCloud folder: Hello! I have a problem with iCloud for PC, Windows store version. I can't delete any of the downloaded files. Each time I get this error message: [ATTACH] However, I can rename/move these files and delete them using explorer if they are not downloaded to my PC. I have...
  9. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  10. Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10: Hi reader, I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC. I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder However, i cant delete any of...