Windows 10: Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Discus and support Unable to delete pictures from Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DwayneGronquist, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem.

***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***

:)

DwayneGronquist, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

why does the photos app pickup face book pictures?

Hi Dale,

Photos app only serves as a viewer for your Photos on your Facebook account. It will only save on your computer if you download it manually. To address your concern about deleting photos, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open the Photos app.
    • Select the photos you wish to delete by clicking the checkbox on the photo.
    • Click the Delete icon at the top right corner of the window.

Feel free to ask back any question and let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Can not open jpeg photos with windows 10 (after deleted the pre-installed "Photos" app)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you delete photos app, the pictures that you like to access will open in Windows Photo viewer or the applications which supports the respective format. To open certain images with the apps that you prefer, you will have
    to customize it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Right click on the pic that you would like to view.
      • Click on Open With.
      • Click on Choose another app.
      • Choose the app accordingly.
      • Place a check mark on Always use this app to open.jpeg.
    I would also like to inform you that even .jpeg pictures can be open with paint application. To check whether the picture is .jpeg format. I suggest you to right click on the picture and click on properties.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

1. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app - Similar Threads - Unable delete pictures

2. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  3. Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete or favourite photos in Photos app?: I am using the Photo app that comes on Windows 11, with photos imported from iCloud. When I go to delete or favourite photos, some will let me, and some will not. It is not related to which photos are in iCloud; this happens with new uploads too. It is not consistent, either....
  4. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  5. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  6. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  7. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  8. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  9. MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

MS photo app. can't delete pictures.: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem....
  10. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!: Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please. 130723