Windows 10: unable to delete print queue files

Discus and support unable to delete print queue files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to print a file, the print queue display shows some other file is in the process of being deleted, and the file I want to print, doesn't:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Jun 12, 2019.

1. unable to delete print queue files

When I try to print a file, the print queue display shows some other file is in the process of being deleted,

and the file I want to print, doesn't:

unable to delete print queue files 079a1cd0-149c-4769-b659-4b5edc31082d?upload=true.jpg

I've tried this, which I found in a question here (at Answers.Microsoft)

1. 1.Open the Services window (Windows key + R, type services.msc, press enter).
    2. 2.Select Print Spooler and click the Stop icon, if it is not stopped already.
    3. 3.Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and open this file. ...
    4. 4.Delete all contents inside the folder.

I try to delete the two files in the Print Spooler folder and it says:

unable to delete print queue files 4c0e6e0f-cdcf-42c3-862e-68bc203c568e?upload=true.jpg

Windows Explorer shows the folder is empty but it's "working on it"

unable to delete print queue files f1930b3d-69ff-4305-a6a6-a7e4b9781c13?upload=true.jpg

It seems that I can delete all the jobs in the print queue except the last one.

I've tried powering off/on the printer, that didn't help.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Phil.

:)

SweetTasha, Jun 12, 2019
  2. SusanADay Win User

can't delete print queue in Windows 10

I am trying to follow the below advice:

This will often fix the problem on its own.

• Open the Services window (Windows key + R, type services.msc, press enter).
      • Select Print Spooler and click the Stop icon, if it is not stopped already.
      • Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and open this file. You may need to show hidden files or enter an administrator's password.
    Delete all contents inside the folder. Do not delete the PRINTERS folder itself. Note that this will remove all current print jobs, so make sure no one on your network is using the printer.

At this point, all files are deleted EXCEPT for the one showing up in the queue - the error message is:

"This action can't be completed because the file is open in printfilterpipelinesvc.exe"

The file HAS printed, but the queue is still showing it in the printing state.

Very frustrating ....

SusanADay, Jun 12, 2019
  3. The print queue is full windows 10

I had this same thing happen to me.

When I tried to print I would get an error saying that the print queue was full. There were no files in the print queue. There were also no printers listed in 'Devices and Printers.'

No need to reformat! Here's how I fixed mine:

I noticed that If I opened a print dialogue, the printers were listed.

• Open Print Dialog from an app (i.e. Notepad)
    • Right Click on a printer and select Printer Properties
    • Open Ports tab
    • Change port to 'file.'
    • Delete Port
      • If you get an error that the resource is in use:
        • Open the other printer properties pages
        • Change the other printers to 'file'
        • Delete ports

• As you delete ports, you will see the print queues repopulate into device manager as well as printers should now show up in 'Devices and Printers."

• Remake the needed Ports.
    In my case they were all HP TCP/IP Ports.

JeffKeller, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

unable to delete print queue files

Document Stuck in Print Queue as Deleting...

Hi Lisa,

The print queue displays output jobs that's is waiting to be completed. It has the most current status of all active and pending print jobs. If its not functioning as intended, it's possible that there's a misconfiguration within the printer settings. To
    better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which Windows version are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any changes on you device prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the steps provided by Abdul_Malik on this
    thread and check if it would help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

unable to delete print queue files

1. unable to delete print queue files - Similar Threads - unable delete print

2. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  3. Print Queue - view

Print Queue - view: Hi, how can I switch to the list view at the Print Queue?I need to review and check several print jobs in the company print queue and current Tiles view in Win 11 is not sufficient.Thank you for advice...
  4. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. print queue missing

print queue missing: Hi Everyone, I had tp reconfigure my printer and had a queue waiting on my laptop to print. By the time I got my printer setup for my laptop my queue of stuff to print has disappeared. HELP...
  8. Cannot delete Document from print Queue

Cannot delete Document from print Queue: Hello, I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 10 Pro, and trying to print using a Brother MFC-L8900. Using all ADMIN I've seen the other threads about Stopping and restarting the Printer SpoolFailed I've Tried Updating the driversFailed The Printer firmwareFailed...
  9. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  10. Print Queue Issue

Print Queue Issue: Hello! I am having persistent issues on numerous units where the print jobs will get stuck in the print queue. I am able to fix the error by restarting the spooler everytime, however, this is happening on unattended devices used to print receipts, so I restarting the...