Windows 10: Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back

Discus and support Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i have been trying to delete the registry keys $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by i_dev_mishra, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back

Hi,

i have been trying to delete the registry keys

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate and

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings

but for some reason they keep coming back.

I am trying to delete these registry keys in order to fix the issue of night light automatically turning on every time I log in.

the information regarding my computer is below

Asus Vivobook 15 ryzen 5 version

Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back a1f79049-1154-44f7-887a-19a62a0021f9?upload=true.jpg

:)

i_dev_mishra, Oct 14, 2020
  2. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back 2ebv0d2_th.jpg

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Oct 14, 2020
  3. BRAC Win User
    Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys

Hello,

I've been unable to use Bluetooth related services since the upgrade to the Creators Update(1703). The device manger returns a Code19 error saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged". I've since tried various workarounds but have had no luck so far. So, I'm hoping a complete reset of anything Bluetooth related in the registry will fix the issue.

As suggested here I've manged to delete all the relevant keys except for one particular key named BTHENUM. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the key contains a number of subkeys. Even more show up upon taking ownership of 'properties'. Since there are close to a hundred keys (maybe more), I've tried using the command line tool (subInacl.exe) to take ownership/make necessary changes to the keys but the command fails with some keys working and the rest not. The only way out for now is to take ownership/delete individually which is a nightmare.

I would like to know if there's a quicker way to get this done other than a clean install.

Note: I've tried deleting the keys in safe mode and via the built-in administrator account without success. I've also uninstalled all hidden BT drivers from Device Manager.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back [​IMG]

4. asyntax Win User

Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back

1. Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back - Similar Threads - Unable delete registry

2. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  3. Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back: One of my old office laptop has my microsoft account on it and I forgot to log my account out on that laptop. I thought by removing that device in account.microsoft.com/devices is enough to remove my microsoft account on it forever, but that's not the case...Somehow my own...
  4. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  5. Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in: Hi I am deploying Edge Chromium throughout my company and part of the install script I have is deleting IE shortcuts to discourage use before its unsupported My script deletes the IE shortcut in : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and also :...
  6. Registry key keeps appearing after deleting it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry key keeps appearing after deleting it.: This is the key, when I delete it, it comes back again after a reboot or a shutdown, please help: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apple Inc. Any help is very very very much appreciated....
  7. Deleted file keep coming back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file keep coming back: Hello guys, i noticed file in C named with date and year created its own, i tried deleting it but everytime i restart laptop or shutdown then turn on, it recreates again on C, anyone know why is that happening and what is this file and why did it even create? And how can i...
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  10. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...